• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EMB Guy's "Chip"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let us refine this, how many times has a military pilot crashed and killed himself showing off trying to impress someone. How many times has a young Captain of whom is an IP passed a Lt Col because he is concerned for his or her own career. I am comparing this civ pilots of which are employed to fly, such as there mil counterparts. I think that someone who comes out of the military does not realize how easy he has it. Mil guys never spent every dime on flight training, never starved flight instructing, never flew trips with broke aircraft that are unsafe nor went below MDA to get in all in fear of losing his job. I think that the civilian side of aviation is very cut-throat. Not to mention that you have to climb the ladder to the majors, if you even get there. Mil guys can step out at the end of their commitment and get a job (if the airlines are hiring). All I am saying that is mil guys don't even realize how easy they have, wether they admit it or not

Cake Walk

That's right country wild. It was a cakewalk and I'd like to thank you personally for funding my training.

Again, Thank you.

Slug

Very, very funny

CountryWild = Clueless

'Nuff said about that I should think.

Rice :cool:

Oh and by the way, flying the boat at night for six months at a pop was nothing compared to what you descibed.

Flame On

you got it

Yep, I gotta agree. From my 90-day temporary duty location, far from home, I've got it pretty easy compared to country and wild.
After all, I volunteered, right?????????????

Let's knock off the "poor me" stuff, eh?
We're all professional pilots....

My Dad wasn't a Doctor, but he played one on TV.

Therefore I feel qualified to give out free wrong-headed opinions about the state of medicine in this country and the growing breast implant problem.

I also ate alot of hotdogs and frozen peas as a kid, cause we were poor. (my dad was on cable) So if you haven't had to eat frozen peas....blah...blah...blah...you had it easy. And if dogs had square....blah...blah..ate red clay...blah...blah...had to pick up red bricks from my back yard as a kid.

So remember when you are paying $1500 to that 300 hour instructor (who's never left the state of Georgia) for an ATP when you have flown around the world more times than Magellen (wasn't Magellen a sailor and isn't it spelled wrong?...don't stop him he's on a rant) THAT KID IS PAYING HIS DUES dagnabit!

He had it rough too, his parents couldn't afford SEGA had to play on a nintendo 64. Xbox wasn't invented yet.

And he had to wear the clothes his mom bought him at the BX.

So don't talk tough to me sailor, i've been across both equators!

-LiveFreeOrDie

Get it?

Didn't think so...

Country Wild said:
Let us refine this, how many times has a military pilot crashed and killed himself showing off trying to impress someone. I think that someone who comes out of the military does not realize how easy he has it. Mil guys never spent every dime on flight training, never starved flight instructing, never flew trips with broke aircraft that are unsafe nor went below MDA to get in all in fear of losing his job. Mil guys can step out at the end of their commitment and get a job (if the airlines are hiring). All I am saying that is mil guys don't even realize how easy they have, wether they admit it or not

Country, you're right, my road to the right seat of an Airbus has been SOOO easy! I'm so lucky because I never had to go below an MDA on some stupid approach for fear of losing my job. Lucky for me that I only had to dodge SA-6's and AAA and then return for a night carrier landing. I didn't have to spend every dime on flight training. I only had to spend six months away from home at a time, but at least I lived on a bunk bed in a room with up to seven of my closest friends (with no per diem). It was also really easy packing up one of my roomates gear to send home to his wife after he was killed in an accident. And he wasn't even trying to impress anyone.
Based on the bitter and resentful tone of your grammatically-challenged posts, I'm glad that I 'chose' the 'easy' path to the top of the ladder!

Maj

My Dad wasn't a Doctor, but he played one on TV.

Therefore I feel qualified to give out free wrong-headed opinions about the state of medicine in this country and the growing breast implant problem.

Breast implants are a problem?!?

Are we running out or something?!?

:D

Last edited:
It is sooo easy

Tell my kids how easy it is - I am eight months and counting away from home this year. No body owes me squat for it either. And maybe your right, maybe my IOE instructor will have to work hard to teach me things he/she thinks are basic. But my work ethic is second to none and I am fired up to learn - my guess is this is why I got hired, not my background.
I am looking forward to my airline job more than you'll even know, and I know just how lucky I am to be in the pool. Furthermore, don't assume a military guy has never CFI'd, or paid dues at a regional nor been confronted with bosses who asked him to break the rules (my integrity remains intact, thank you).

Let us refine this, how many times has a military pilot crashed and killed himself showing off trying to impress someone..
People of all background do stupid things. Your phrase works equally well for civil pilots.

EMB

EMB

All you had to do was apologize, but you don't even realize that you should. You made a comment that was offensive to me and you could have offended an entire group of good people.

There is a big difference between taking a cheap shot at someone or some people (like you did in the comment that instigated this post) and constructive criticism. Your comments were not kind. Constructive criticism doesn't always sound kind either, but it's meant to help. I don't believe you made the comment with the best of intentions. I took offense because you besmirched my brothers and sisters in arms.

The gene pool comment was not meant to compare our IQs. I made this point because I believe our military fliers are the best America has to offer. We should all hope and pray this is true because of the stakes. I also believe those same people could achieve success in medicine, law, and yes even IOE at your airline if given the chance.

If military pilots show up for an interview, I don't think they're worried about you being "overly biased" against them I think they should worry that you would be biased at all. You clearly have prejudice. From your comments it's clear that your objectivity is in question. If your company knew how you felt they would not let you get near the hiring process. It's because they could get sued. Anyone who reads what you have to say about a "group" should be concerned that you maybe feel that way about other groups too. That’s called discrimination.

Latest resources

Back