Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Electronics allowed or not below 10,000. Delta Y, SWA/AAI N... others?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JT12345

So within a week you can use your phones and tablets at Delta below 10k, but not SWA/AAI?

Why?
Because SWA has to create 100 jobs and committees to decide.

Seriously though why is this taking more than a week?

How goes it at other carriers?

That is not how I interpreted the RBF. So where did it say 100 jobs and committees? I thought it was subject to airline approval, and some were ahead of the game, ie Delta.

US Airways, too.

It will be a minimum of six months before Southwest can search the available applicant pool for a new Vice President of "electronic devices" capable of writing a single sentence memo interpreting the new FAA directive. After that memo is reviewed by the marketing department and a large multi million dollar advertising campaign touting SWA as a leader in electronic device usage is rolled out and another round of market research is done to see how the public is reacting to this new innovation, the plan will be implemented, but not without some small tweak that makes it unique to Southwest.

I give it a year.

It will be a minimum of six months before Southwest can search the available applicant pool for a new Vice President of "electronic devices" capable of writing a single sentence memo interpreting the new FAA directive. After that memo is reviewed by the marketing department and a large multi million dollar advertising campaign touting SWA as a leader in electronic device usage is rolled out and another round of market research is done to see how the public is reacting to this new innovation, the plan will be implemented, but not without some small tweak that makes it unique to Southwest.

I give it a year.

Sadly, you're probably pretty close.....

I give it a year.
You forgot the requisite sacrifice of one kitten before the new office of "Electronics below ten thousand" is officially opened. All hail Colleen!

I give it a year.

This is so cute. Howard is becoming cynical.

Latest resources

Back