Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ksu_aviator

GO CATS
Has anyone dumped Jeppesen and found a new electronic chart data service?

I have a GMX 200 and I want someone other than Jeppesen to update my electronic charts (IFR, VFR and Approach). It would be great if they could also update the Nav Data for my Garmin 530 with WAAS.

I used the electronic NOS charts for a while. Not bad and a lot cheaper the Jepp. But, old habbits are hard to break and we kept the Jepp and ditched the NOS.

Jeppview would be Jeppesen, genius. The original poster is asking about products OTHER than Jeppesen.

Yeah, but only because I'm tired of my computer crashing and/or freezing every time I update. Do you know how hard it is to hard reboot a laptop with a long life battery and about 1000 screws to get the dang battery out?

You aren't going to believe this; Jeppesen just told me I shouldn't use their product. They admit that their product won't work but that I won't switch. How arrogant is that?

They admit that their product won't work but that I won't switch. How arrogant is that?

That admit it won't work, or they admit you won't switch. Your sentence structure makes no sense. How can an admission that you won't switch be arrogant on their part? For that matter, how can a statement of compatability by the manufacturer be arrogant. You've been told the way it is. If you're unwilling to use the right equipment, then it would appear to be your problem, not Jeppesen.

Go blame Microsoft; lots of stuff doesn't work with Vista.

Better yet, don't blame anyone. Get the right tools for the job and be done with it.

I have vista on my laptop and it works just fine with Jeppview. You have an equipment compatability issue. Take it up with Garmin. Take it up with anyone you like. That probably won't do anything but frustrate you more, so you can either match the equipment and software as you've been instructed, or go elsewhere. Doesn't sound arrogant to me. Just honest, which is what customer service is all about.

You've been given the knowledge to do something about it. Will you now complain about it, or do something?

That admit it won't work, or they admit you won't switch. Your sentence structure makes no sense. How can an admission that you won't switch be arrogant on their part? For that matter, how can a statement of compatability by the manufacturer be arrogant. You've been told the way it is. If you're unwilling to use the right equipment, then it would appear to be your problem, not Jeppesen.

Go blame Microsoft; lots of stuff doesn't work with Vista.

Better yet, don't blame anyone. Get the right tools for the job and be done with it.

I have vista on my laptop and it works just fine with Jeppview. You have an equipment compatability issue. Take it up with Garmin. Take it up with anyone you like. That probably won't do anything but frustrate you more, so you can either match the equipment and software as you've been instructed, or go elsewhere. Doesn't sound arrogant to me. Just honest, which is what customer service is all about.

You've been given the knowledge to do something about it. Will you now complain about it, or do something?

You are right...that sentence didn't make much sense. I was very angry at the time. They admitted that their product does not work with Vista AND that they know I won't switch away from Jeppesen so they aren't worried about it. The second half of that claim is what was arrogant (and what angered me).

Vista works fine with every piece of software and hardware I have, except Jeppesen. I can understand that Jeppesen might have some technical issues immediately following the release of a new OS, but I find it inappropriate that they have not been able to adapt by now. I employ their services to get me the latest in aviation information, how can I trust them to give me accurate charts if they can't adapt to new technology?

I don't pay them upwards of $1500 a year to give me old information on an old system. I pay them to give me the most up to date information in the most efficient manner. I shouldn't have to spend another $500 to 1000 to buy a new laptop with old software just to run 1 program.

Latest resources

Back