EK Compass Testing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ghostrider

Does anyone have any specifics on EKs compass/aptitude testing? I am familiar with the psychometric questions. But is the aptitude test comparable to the US ASVAB for instance? Any input from recent test takers is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Just did EK's compass test a few days ago. It's divided into 6 different areas, of which 3 are timed. There is a 24 question math test (20min), 30 question technical test (multiple choice), 1 co-ordination test and 1 situational test, and 2 short-term memory tests. Go to the middle east section in pprune for specific examples but I'm sure they change the questions anyway. Also google 'european advanced compass test' and click on the demo. The math test is basic fractions, very basic algebra, multiplication and long division. No calculators of course so watch your time.
Read the 'Ace' book for the technical portion but sometimes there were more than one right answer! I practiced on 'lumosity.com' for my short-term memory and it definitely helped me. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Dont even worry about it. If you can't or absolutely don't understand the questions then you shouldn't even be piloting an airplane for a living.

Dont even worry about it. If you can't or absolutely don't understand the questions then you shouldn't even be piloting an airplane for a living.

I have to agree with bmppilot2003, just make sure you take the time to read and to understand all of the instructions!!

Latest resources

Back