EJI (Gulfstreams) - How do you get hired

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lumber Yak

I have a very good friend who just got laid off flying Gulfstream IIs and IIIs in the Northeast (he has flown worldwide). I believe he has some limited SIC time on a GIV as well. He is an excellent pilot with 7,000+ hours including 3,500 PIC Gulfstream. He and I are both interested in EJI (although it will take me longer to qualify). I have some questions regarding EJI:

1. Is EJI hiring? Do you need a GIV/V rating?

2. What is it like to work for EJI? How is morale?

3. What is a typical trip like - international or domestic? Any examples of a 7-day trip with destinations would be great... What is the most exotic location you have visited yet?

4. What are the conditions like relative to EJA?

5. What percentage of flying is GIVSP vs. GV? Do you have a preference of one aircraft vs. another?

Thank you for the information

Separate Company

Is EJI a separate company? Or are the pilots on they same seniority as NetJets pilots? If they are separate companies, do they pay the same, or are there PFT issues as with Gulfstream International?

Laid off in NE

Which leads me to another question, what's up with your buddy getting laid-off? I was hoping things were getting better in the NE. Was he a corporate pilot? I have seen G-IV jobs in the NE recently. I guess I'm asking just how stable is flying Charter/Corporate?

I was hoping things were getting better in the NE.

I am sure you know that in this industry it is all hit or miss. Some departments shut down while others sprout up. Some grow some downsize. The only thing I can say is search job boards like you have never searched before.

It's feast or famine, here's what I mean. I was hired at Comair back in March. Still in the pool waiting. Getting discouraged that my benefits would run out before I was in class. End of July, I was called by a Fortune 100 company in the NYC area to interview. I was offered the position. Then just last week I was called by GE to interview. I am extremely grateful to have 2 job offers plus the invite with GE. It is easy to get discouraged, but with alot of hard work you can make opportunities happen. Call on any contacts you have met.

I have seen some of your posts, I am curious what part of the NE you are from. You can pm if you'd like.

Good Luck

EJI is part of NETJETS. NETJETS is the name of the entire company, prior to the name change in May 2002 it was what our fractional product was called.

There are seperate seniorty lists for the Gulfstream 4 &5 pilots. Everyone else (citations, hawkers, falcon, G200, and BBJ pilots.) have there own list. The G4&5 pilots are not union and have seperate work rules. Everyone else is repersented by the Teamsters. There has been very limited movement between the two groups but don't come to one and think there is a flow through agreement.

The differneces are mainly internal. The customer doesn't realize the difference at first glance other than the type of aircraft and minor differences in crew uniforms.

With the qualifications you have posted and your buddy cannot find employment…

Either your friend isn’t trying real hard, has something unsavory in his background or is unwilling to budge on issues such as relocation etc…
A pilot w/ 3500 PIC “G” time would be a lucrative target even in this market. Not knowing your friend beyond what little you have posted here my guess is he isn’t trying hard enough.

And if you don’t mind my asking what operator was he laid off from, I’ve not heard of any operators going belly up and floating to the surface up your way?

LA

LA Confidential,

Perhaps you are out of the loop then. I don't appreciate your negative and accusatory tone. Is it surprising that flight departments are closing here and there in this economy? My friend has been flying Part 91 and the owner just decided to go fractional. He is also looking into contract flying.

Perhaps you could get off you high horse and actually reply to the post. Just because you don't "hear" about a closing doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Do you treat your FOs this way? Glad I don't fly with you.

Anyone (especially an EJI pilot) want to answer the original post regarding schedules, morale, conditions, etc.? I appreciate it.

Lumber Yak said:

Perhaps you are out of the loop then. I don't appreciate your negative and accusatory tone...

Perhaps you could get off you high horse and actually reply to the post. Just because you don't "hear" about a closing doesn't mean it didn't happen...

Do you treat your FOs this way? Glad I don't fly with you...

Ermmm.... okaaaaaayyyyy...

:confused: :rolleyes:

eji, the folks i know there love it
from what i have heard unless you know someone and are on good terms with them you will have a real tough time getting on there.

EJI (Gulfstreams) - How do you get hired

A better attitude than what you have.

As an example:
Perhaps you are out of the loop then. I don't appreciate your negative and accusatory tone. Is it surprising that flight departments are closing here and there in this economy? My friend has been flying Part 91 and the owner just decided to go fractional. He is also looking into contract flying.

If the owner went fractional and it was with Exec Jet, the pilot in question would have been offered a job with them, unless the owner in question told the company there was a serious problem with that pilot. If it was another fractional, I am pretty sure they would also be offered a job as well.

Latest resources

Back