Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EJA/Hawker Midair w/ Glider....Everyone OK - Merged!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats it

gunfyter said:
I am not sure but I think the left engine may have been failed as well as a result of the collision.

That settles it. These pilots are heroes for saving the day and landing that jet safely. Call Warren and have him call Mikey Bloomberg. They deserve a ticker tape parade.

Jetz said:
That settles it. These pilots are heroes for saving the day and landing that jet safely. Call Warren and have him call Mikey Bloomberg. They deserve a ticker tape parade.

Not sure what you are trying to say, but with all of the bad press pilots usually get (drunk pilots, pilots sliding thru fences, pilots taking off on wrong runway, etc) it is nice to see that some people actually appreciate it when the pilots "save the day".

Said what I meant

skiandsurf said:
Not sure what you are trying to say, but with all of the bad press pilots usually get (drunk pilots, pilots sliding thru fences, pilots taking off on wrong runway, etc) it is nice to see that some people actually appreciate it when the pilots "save the day".

May shock you skiandsurf, although I do not understand why, that I said what I meant. After looking at those pictures..I mean hearing the story was enough for me to say that crew pulled off an amazing feat by landing that jet after a midair, period. Then after having seen the news video and the seeing these pictures on someone's blog, that crew needs to get some serious public KUDOS. Yea, yea, they did their job, they are highly trained and skilled. YES! Who can train for THIS>? Above and beyond, therefore worthy of praise.

Absolutely correct that Pilots do not get proper credit especially in these situations. That is the media culture in this country They live for destruction and doom and politicize everything to suit their slanted views. Good news in a time when the "other party" rules the country is underreported, bad news is THE headline dujour. NO wonder so many people feel like the apocolypse is just around the corner...its all they hear about on the mainstream media. Anyway....

Again, what a great job NJ crew!

gunfyter said:
I am not sure but I think the left engine may have been failed as well as a result of the collision.

I cant help but say it again after seeing these pictures....Annette and to your co-pilot....you guys did one hell of a job.

Ntsb

Guitar rocker said:
Guess we will wait and see what the official word from the NTSB is though.

Let me ask you Rocker and others how well you think the NTSB does their job determining probable cause in general. I think they do an exceptional job.

Wonder if they can re-create what the crew and the glider pilot actually saw. What will they say was the probable cause in this case?

How many times have you been in a jet and ATC advises an RJ 10 o'clock and 6 miles crossing left to right and you never even saw it?

Dr Pokenhiemer said:
How many times have you been in a jet and ATC advises an RJ 10 o'clock and 6 miles crossing left to right and you never even saw it?

With my eyes, hardly ever. With my TCAS 98% of the time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back