• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eclipse Pilot Wannabes - Opp in Louisiana

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A discount? meet or exceed standards? Are you kdding? A pro card is nothing more than your training record on a neat little card. EVERYONE that attends Flight Safety or Simuflite (or any approved training center) receives a "pro card."

Pro cards USED to be issued to those that distinguish themselves. Some of the old school instructors still practice this; I've seen 2 people go through FSI LGB and did not get one.

Pro cards USED to be issued to those that distinguish themselves. Some of the old school instructors still practice this; I've seen 2 people go through FSI LGB and did not get one.

And the Gold card used to mean excellence in type, what it really means is you are on a full service contract or trained twice in a year.

So, with those requirements, you're pretty much limiting yourself to the turbo prop crowd.

You're also excluding current Eclipse pilots, since no Eclipse has a working FMS or GPS (they all file /A).

Dayjet and the other Part 135 Eclipse operators fly with 2 pilots, so they are excluded from this position.

5000 hours to fly an Eclipse?

If that's what I have to look forward to when I reach those mins, I'm getting out of this business.

5000 hours to fly an Eclipse?

If that's what I have to look forward to when I reach those mins, I'm getting out of this business.

Aw come on now...what kind of "team player" attitude is that?

I'd be happy to fly the turbine Seneca around as long as the pay and QOL was good. Actually, now that I think about it...a Seneca has a more comfortable (and higher quality) interior.

what about all the good Lake Charles women you could get? Heck you could sing this song:
ARTIST: The Band
TITLE: Up on Cripple Creek

When I get off of this mountain
You know where I want to go
Straight down the Mississippi river
To the Gulf of Mexico

To Lake Charles, Louisiana
Little Bessie, girl that I once knew
And she told me just to come on by
If there's anything she could do

{Refrain}
Up on Cripple Creek she sends me
If I spring a leak she mends me
I don't have to speak she defends me
A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

Found this on Avcrew.com. Interesting because it sort of sets the bar for part 91 expectations with regard to the Eclipse. Of course no details on the compensation/benefits. With those time requirements, someone could probably find a decent Citation or Lear position in the Southeast too. I would expect this salary would need to be high in order to attract qualified people. Perhaps they will throw in some good gumbo allowance....

Eclipse 500 Chief Pilot (LA) 10/26

Gumbo makes me sick.....

Latest resources

Back