Eclipse Jet Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

greed

Does anyone know what the price of the Eclipse type is proposed to be? I am thinking this might be a good one for the contract guys in the smaller airframes.

Thanks
Greed

info only

Please be aware that the Eclipse aircraft was granted a "provisional certification" last week... Not that the "provisional" will have any lasting affect on the the airframe - but the training, or training events will be "dictated" by the eclipse organization. My observation - during the EAA show (last week) - was that eclipse is a FIRST CLASS operation. Look to eclipse to provide multiple training for the pilot/owners. This "operation" is in this for the long hall - and what a breath of fresh air, in aviaiton.

I pray that ECLIPSE will have a great introduction and an initial presentation of a great aircraft - good luck to all - the owners and investers in this company, and thanks for a great time in Oshkosh, WI.

When can we expect the first production Eclipse to be delivered? Any estimates? Will Dayjet get the first production copy?

johnsonrod said:
When can we expect the first production Eclipse to be delivered? Any estimates? Will Dayjet get the first production copy?
I saw serial #0001 at LNK last week. The pilot told me it was going to be delivered to it's new owner (an individual, not a company) the next day during a special ceremony at Oshkosh.

I also spoke to the guy who's in charge of the training program. He said it's a "seven flight" syllabus. Sounded pretty straight forward and geared towards the "advanced" owner/pilot.

Eclipse Jet

I got to see the Eclipse doing multiple takeoffs and pattern work at ABQ on Thursday morning from RWY 03. Neat looking jet. The ground controller told us we could have one for $1.25M.

PAA744 said:
Please be aware that the Eclipse aircraft was granted a "provisional certification" last week... Not that the "provisional" will have any lasting affect on the the airframe - but the training, or training events will be "dictated" by the eclipse organization. My observation - during the EAA show (last week) - was that eclipse is a FIRST CLASS operation. Look to eclipse to provide multiple training for the pilot/owners. This "operation" is in this for the long hall - and what a breath of fresh air, in aviaiton.

I pray that ECLIPSE will have a great introduction and an initial presentation of a great aircraft - good luck to all - the owners and investers in this company, and thanks for a great time in Oshkosh, WI.

I hope that this is true. I have heard from inside sources that there is a lot of pressure on the flight test production guys there. Have heard that they fired a few folks as well for not wanting to take risks. I wasnt there to see it all happen, but got that information from a source within......

I got information back from the company on training. One type rating provided with each aircraft. To purchase a type without an aircraft is $12,995.

According to the company, one plane was delivered but has been recalled (did not tell me why).

Fly safe
Greed

"
HTML:
The ground controller told us we could have one for $1.25M.
"

More like $ 1.52 mil in 2006 dollars...

The $1.25 was for 2000 dollars (USD).

Latest resources

Back