Eccos vs. Deer Stag shoes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vref+10

For my uniform shoes, I've owned two pairs of Ecco shoes, and they are probably the most comfortable shoe that I have ever worn. But both pairs were around $220. Really pricey. But before I started wearing the Eccos, I had a Rockport and a Bostonian, and both of them were not very comfortable. I remember that I had to buy a pad for my heel where it would rub (never did that with the Eccos).

Now I've heard good things about the Deer Stags and I was looking at them online. They go for about $50. So pricewise, they win out. Has anyone been able to compare the two on a comfort and durability level?

Just bought my first pair of Eccos after Deer Stags, Rockports, Mephistos, and a few others.

The Deer Stags are certainly adequate, and indeed don't set off the metal detectors, but I fly international and go on long (7 days min,) trips, and after a few hours of walking or flying they just feel a bit inadequate.

The Eccos are too new for a full report, but so far feel far superior. More money for sure but very much feel worth it. The Deer Stags also wear out fast enought that the money probably equalizes over time.

Rockports are high quality, but sizing is limited and if you wear wides you're outta luck.

Deer Stag shoes are some of the most comfortable I have ever worn. The materials are clearly not as nice as an Eccos, not even close and because of it they won't last as long. They sure will last a year at work though, and since I often am the one who doesn't take proper care of his shoes... stuff like Deer Stags and Rockports work far better for me high end like Ecco. In the end the price kind of averages out (last longer vs. cheaper) but for me the lower end works better since I get a new shoe more often since I beat on them.

The only problem I have with Deer Stags are the type of leather that they use. It is very comfortable, but you cannot keep a shine on them. After about a month they look like a bum's shoes. Just my opinion.

The sole on my Deer Stags started to separate from the leather after about 4 months. They were very comfortable up to the point they fell apart. POS in my opinion. At least I got them cheap at Zappos.com

I now wear a pair of Bostonian shoes and love them. Very comfortable and airport friendly.

MP

You can find new ecco's on E-bay for reasonable prices.

I have been wearing Ecco's for years, love them

what ecco models

For those who wear eccos can you mention what model? That would help those of us looking online. Thanks !

Another vote for the Deer Stags here. Extremely comfortable shoes and very reasonably priced. They look real nice as long as you keep them shined. I am about go to get get another pair as my current pair have been worn out by life on the line. They lasted about a year and for $35 i'm not complaining.

Latest resources

Back