• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

eating on a budget during a trip

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bah, the stench from everyone cooking their home "cooking" in the microwave in the old CLT crew room (USAir express...CCAir and PDT) was enough to gag a buzzard.

Between that and the smell from the Pizza Strada outside the door was enough to kill anyone's appitite.

:eek:

Best,
Nu

I was hoping this whole locust thing would work out, but I'm still ending up a bit hungry every evening. Anyone else having that problem?

Wow, an intelligent post asking for -- and receiving! -- thoughtful replies. Well, mostly. This can't be flightinfo.com, can it?

Listen, just because you get paid per diem doesn't mean you have to spend it all. I don't starve on trips, but I don't splurge either. Makes coming home that much sweeter.

You only live once, but chances are you're going to live a long time. Live comfortably and happily, and remember that good food doesn't begin and end at Chili's/TGIF/Applebee's/Outback.

Applebies, Chilis, Chijis, etc. are all rip-offs (Just a bunch of penny-pinching, docker-wearing salesmen trying to figure out the most people like us who are forced to stay in a particular place will pay for a crappy burger and oily side dishes).

Oatmeal and Campbell Ckunky soup with the poptop prepared to perfection in the hotelroom coffee pot will meet most nutritional daily requirements. Low sodium Wheat-Thins or Triscuits are good, as well.

the best thing going

The best deal I've found is the small chili at Wendys. It's $.99 whether you're in LGA or RDU. Two of these fills me up and you'll get plenty of fiber too. They'll charge you $.05 for a cup of ice water. Crackers included!

soup in the coffee pot?

How do you cook that Campbell's soups with the red pop-top in a coffee pot? Jut dump it into the carafe and let the warmer warm it or something?

Dudes, if you value your health do not use the coffee pots in the hotel rooms to cook with. First off, some of them spend their days in the john so you know there's more than a few sh*t molecules laying in and on them. Second, people have been known to wash (under)garments in them. I am not condoning that kind of behavior, but people do some weird a$$ stuff in hotel rooms.

One more thing, at some hotels those glasses left out are only cleaned briefly by the maids, they may not be run through an appropriate washer. Stick to the cheap cups wrapped in plastic if possible.

Peace!

Skeezer

Latest resources

Back