Easiest airplane to land?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sleddriver71

Of all the airplanes I've flown my choice for easiest to land is without a doubt, the Pilatus PC-12.
The most satisfying to land well though would have to be the Cessna 120.(wheel landing)

Believe it or not, I found the DC-10 to be one of the nicest airplanes to land. Because you're so high up, the sight perspective on a 200' wide runway is about the same as that of a Cessna on a 75' wide runway.

Evidently the Caravan is pretty tough to land, based on how many wide body guys with types that have blown or flat spotted tires in ours.

My experience would be the Cessna C421 with the trailing link landing gear. Carrier landings in this airplane are nice and smooth.

Dustin H said:
My experience would be the Cessna C421 with the trailing link landing gear. Carrier landings in this airplane are nice and smooth.

I have several hundred hours in the Cessna 404, I think it has the same or similar trailing link gear as the 421. You're right, very nice suspension.

Piper Aztec, Piper Warrior. J-5 cub (trim it right and it lands itself)
Citation Encore. It doesn't get any easier (also trailing link).

CE

No matter how good or bad the landing, passengers always compliment on the way out of the Avro.

Or maybe that was just me?

Anything that's already coming down anyway, is easy to land...no choice. Out of gas, blown engine, bad hair day...if landing is inevitable, then it's easy because the choices are already made for you.

Outside of that, I close my eyes for takeoff and landing and don't open them until the bumps stop. Makes them all easy, one way or the other.

How does the old adage go? Takeoffs are optional, landings mandatory?

Latest resources

Back