• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle Saabs are being Tranfered and More

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah Jimbob, I guess you do understand the big picture. You are really smart AND cool. I bet a lot of people like you. I hope we fly together someday so you can tell me what's REALLY being discussed in all those APA/AMR/ALPA meetings and maybe you should be there as an advisor. You should ask about that.

but ultimately it won't happen unless AMR WANTS IT TO

True. If AMR finds it to be in their best long-term interest, they will. If they don't, they won't.

And do you think for a minute they are going to do anything that would compromise the viability of the 16 year, no strike, sub inflationary raise contract they have over our head? No way.

AMR will do whatever it deems to be in its best interest. AMR corp. will ditch the 16-year contract faster than you can blink if they think they can save more money dragging concessions from APA. Maintaining our 16 year joke is less important to the bigwigs at AMR than APA's contract.

If you don't thing so, I invite you to consider that we now have 4 airlines flying for AMR: Eagle, AA, Chataqua, Executive

Actually, there are SIX airlines now flying on AMR's behalf: AA, AEA, Executive, Chautaqua (Did I spell that right?), TSA, CorpEx.

Think about it, with 883 APA guys on the street, if they merged us together, you and I would be on the street as they displace into our airplanes.

Not likely. AMR would probably not agree to a displacement of 883 pilots on its property for no net gain. A lot of money would be spent for nothing. AMR will not throw money away in these tight economic times. More likely AMR would phase the furloughees back in as new aircraft were brought on line. Just speculation, however.

I'm not going to sit here and get screwed again with some merger deal that displaces half our senority list just so I can call myself an AA pilot. I'd rather keep my just and call myself a Connection pilot or whatever we are these days.

And since you have already agreed that all of the decision making power is in AMR's hands, you obviously have no say in your fate, right? So how is it that you're "not going to sit here and get screwed again..."? It's out of your hands, by your own admission.

The corporation has nothing to gain by merging the factions and everything to lose.

How are you so sure? Are you the end-all Know-it-all? Again, if AMR finds it in their best LONG-TERM interest, they will do it. If not, then they won't. Who are we to say what they will and won't do?

The only thing in the way is the ASM cap and as they have demonstrated with Connection codes and the sale of executive, even that is worthless.

Not so fast. APA will most likely win their scope grievence against reverse code sharing. Let's make something clear. TSA, et al, are feeding AA at St. Louis - not the other way around. The reverse codeshare is a technical ruse. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck. The intent of the ASM/Block hour freeze is to prevent AMR from growing their FEED while AA has pilots on furlough. The arbitrator has already decided that much. The rest of the decision is pending.

If you want people to take you seriously, eliminate the personal attacks and just make your point in a civil manner.

Last edited:
spin

What you seem to miss here is that AMR has gone to extrordinary lengths to point out that this will not be considered.

The single biggest potential for AMR to raise cash as things recover will be the sale of American Eagle. From a business perspective, the mission is to spread the flying as far as one can with as little long term obligation as possible.

One list is just the opposite. In the end, pilot issues are not the deciding and or over riding consideration.

Re: spin

Publishers said:

One list is just the opposite. In the end, pilot issues are not the deciding and or over riding consideration.

In the light of the new DL/CO/NW/cmr/asa/coex/pcl/mesaba code share agreement and the new DAL LCC "subsidiary", I too wonder how long it will be before pilots get the message that their previous games have ended. Management owns the bat, the balls and the umpires.

As soon as the new "conservative" congress passes the McCain/Lott bill the victory will be total.

The one problem that everyone fails to look at is the different pay scales for different equipment. What is needed is uniformity. If you are a CAP on a RJ or a CAP on a B 757, you should be paid on a seniority number, rather than equipment size. If both CAPs have 15 years service, then both would be paid the same. The FOs would be under the same pay schedule. It would make it a lot simpler for both sides to get along rather than fight. I know you guys/gals don’t want to give up what has been the norm, but with all the furloughed pilots these days, I would consider a pay cut to keep flying rather than walk the line. The pilot pay has been calculated according to the number of revenue seats on the equipment, plus years service, rather than the number of years with the airline. It has worked in the past, but in today’s environment, this also must be up for consideration. Is this why CFI’s are paid so low? Only one revenue source.

Maybe the airlines should take a clue from the NASCAR boys and put sponsor logos on and inside each aircraft. This is an instant revenue source.

Look at the success of Southwest. They fly the same equipment on all routes. Econ 101 simplified. Watch Delta, in the eastern flyways. They have now started talks and will try to compete, under a new, as yet, named airline, which, will use B757s on all routes. The new airline will try to give Jet Blue and AirTran completion for the passengers that fly on the cheap. Can they (Delta) use the furloughed mainline pilots?

[I would consider a pay cut to keep flying rather than walk the line. [/B][/QUOTE]

Perhaps you should get your nose out of the boss's ass and fly the line first before you make a statement like that. Perhaps a month or two on a FO's salary might see you singing a different tune........

pay structures

One of the biggest ruses perpetuated on the pilot labor relations is the concept of pay by size of aircraft. In fact, this is merely a method for determination of pay. It has absolutely no basis in reality.

It presents some logic to the illogical. On the other hand to think that a pilot with senority iss going to be paid a fortune for flying a 19 passenger aircraft is equally ludicrous.

When you base the entire structure on artifical thought processes, it should come as no surprise when it fails.

With your thought process, awards for aviation accidents should be for the size of the aircraft, not for death/injury. In what you are saying, if a PAX is injured/killed on an RJ, they should be awarded less then a PAX injured/killed on a B777. The reality awards do not look at the size of the equipment.

Latest resources

Back