Eagle or Skywest...job fair Q

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dharmesh1231

Question guys....a little confused....There is a job fair in Miami on the 21st and most of the regionals are going to be there....however I don't see Eagle listed on it. But Eagle is having a pilot open house on the same day 21st in phoenix. I really like both skywest and Eagle. Any advise or recommendations on where would it be worth going. Thanks in advance

Also one more question....Eagle plans to hire 700 pilots this year...does anyone have a rough figure as to how many pilot have filled the slots.....or are they still hurting just like the other regionals

Eagle is still hurting like everyone else.

You don't have to go to MIA to see SKW...they have regular seminars at cities all over the country (see their website).

Anyone have any info about this seminar? I will be down in Miami this week for work and was wanting to attend as well. Any info would help. Thanks

Awesome, thanks for the info. Im gonna be in town to relieve another pilot. Just curious what i should bring? I will be wearing a suit. However on each resume should i type in the company name im interested in or should i just leave it blank? Anything else anyone could add since ive never been to one of these before.

Also one more question....Eagle plans to hire 700 pilots this year...does anyone have a rough figure as to how many pilot have filled the slots.....or are they still hurting just like the other regionals

I was talking to an Eagle pilot the other day. He said that according to the latest seniority list, they have hired less than 300 so far this year. So here it is mid-July and less than half of 700, I would say they are hurting. Still might be a good time to sign up with them if you want to pick your domicile.

Question guys....a little confused....There is a job fair in Miami on the 21st and most of the regionals are going to be there....however I don't see Eagle listed on it. But Eagle is having a pilot open house on the same day 21st in phoenix. I really like both skywest and Eagle. Any advise or recommendations on where would it be worth going. Thanks in advance

If your name is really Dharmesh and you have an A320 type, why not consider Indian Airways?

Flyboyike....good question. I did the A320 type when most of the airlines in India were hiring pilots with just the type and no experience required on it....granted I did the type rating for less than $4000 since VA paid 60% of my type rating. So I don't consider that a loss. I am still awaiting an answer from some of the airlines there once my paperwork goes through. Meanwhile i am due to get out of the Marines this Dec and I need to have a job secured by then....any advice let me know.

Latest resources

Back