Eagle getting EMB-190

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stlembfo

Heard the other day that American Eagle is going to give back the CRJ-700 and get the EMB-190 instead. The CRJ-700 didn't measure up to what eagle wanted so it turned to the EMB-190
:confused:

Might be a little difficult to pull off with the current scope. I've heard the one where they didn't like the CRJ70.

When is that E190 supposed to be out anyways?

fokker to Emb-190

lets see the fokker 100 will be gone 2003 to 2004 and the EMB-190 comes end of 2003 to beginning of 2004. 2+2=4
cheers

Baseless rumor.

EMB-190 is WAY over scope limits and wont even be certified for 2 years.

The 170 though can be modified and certified to operate slightly lighter to meet the 75,000 lb. APA scope limit.

These will be on the market in 6 months, so I believe cariers are scrambling (behind the scenes) to get there share before U beats them to it (massive RJ needs).

COEX (XJET)
Eagle
Mid-atlantic (U)

...the big three who want them in revenue service by summer 2003.

These are mainline REPLACEMENT aircraft as opposed to mainline FEED aircraft that the smaller RJ's are suited for.

In the next several months, they'll have to make the move and go public with their orders.

BTW... Eagle has cancelled delivery of the last to CRJ-700's.

Excuses are given, but many suspect otherwise.

eaglefly,

What are your sources for CoEx getting the 170? I am furloughed from CoEx and despite being somewhat out of the loop, I have heard several times that indeed we will not be getting the 170 as management was also unimpressed.

eaglefly said:
Baseless rumor.

EMB-190 is WAY over scope limits and wont even be certified for 2 years.

The 170 though can be modified and certified to operate slightly lighter to meet the 75,000 lb. APA scope limit.

These will be on the market in 6 months, so I believe cariers are scrambling (behind the scenes) to get there share before U beats them to it (massive RJ needs).

COEX (XJET)
Eagle
Mid-atlantic (U)

...the big three who want them in revenue service by summer 2003.

These are mainline REPLACEMENT aircraft as opposed to mainline FEED aircraft that the smaller RJ's are suited for.

In the next several months, they'll have to make the move and go public with their orders.

BTW... Eagle has cancelled delivery of the last to CRJ-700's.

Excuses are given, but many suspect otherwise.

NOPE not X-jet! Our people took a brief look at it and its a toilet for only 20 more seats. X-jet will not get erj-70's. We have a better chance of getting old CAL 73's.(Read snowballs chance)

I wouldn't think it's much different than the 145. Do you know the specifics of what they don't like about it. I'm a little slow tonight, are you saying the only benefit is another toilet for 20 seats?

former coex

Latest resources

Back