• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle gear up go around in SYR today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can You Say Update Resume....they Wont Be Flying Again.

Really? I've got 3000 hours in the jungle jet and don't understand how this failure could happen, but I've definitely had stuff happen I can't explain and mx couldn't either. Glad you're not their CP.

Good thing Dispatch gave them enough fuel to fly for an hour + after the go around. Bet they were getting low.

The plane was brought to the hangar and MX repeated the same problem as the crew claimed to have. LG Lever Disagree and they had 3 green showing on EICAS and the RMU, but the gear wasnt actually down

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20070621X00766&key=1

"NTSB Identification: DCA07FA050
Scheduled 14 CFR Part 121: Air Carrier operation of AMERICAN EAGLE AIRLINES
Accident occurred Wednesday, June 20, 2007 in Logan, MA
Aircraft: Embraer 135, registration: N731BE
Injuries: 41 Uninjured.

This is preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when the final report has been completed.

An American Eagle EMB-135, tail number N731BE, flight number 4539 initially landed with the gear up at Logan International Airport, Boston, Massachusetts. The crew reported that they had an indication that the gear was down and locked but right before touchdown, they noticed a landing gear lever disagree. They executed a go-around and mechanically lowered the landing gear. They were able to get the gear down and locked and got a visual confirmation that the gear was down. The flaps would not retract due to damage from contacting the runway on the intial landing, but the crew was able to successfully land the airplane. There were 37 passengers and 3 crew members on board. No injuries were reported. Eye witnesses to the first landing stated that they did not see the gear down on the approach."

It's time to install small cameras on airplanes so we can look at things. Small digital cameras are so cheap now and it would be so simple.

Scott

ps- lets all agree to tell eachother if we see someone on short final with the gear up or someother obvious problem. Who cares if we might look silly or get some grief from ATC.

Last edited:
oh yeah! The components are cheap, but by the time the components get FAA aproved from the testing and wiring etc..... Nothing in aviation is cheap.

It's time to install small cameras on airplanes so we can look at things. Small digital cameras are so cheap now and it would be so simple.

Scott

ps- lets all agree to tell eachother if we see someone on short final with the gear up or someother obvious problem. Who cares if we might look silly or get some grief from ATC.

I see this comment over and over on here,,,, sounds like you are trying to pass the buck. Take responsibility for your own actions. I am sure that if somebody was paying attention, noticed, and had the opportunity to chime in, they would. You should know that it gets pretty busy at times and we don't always have time to police the configuration of other aircraft on short final...

I see this comment over and over on here,,,, sounds like you are trying to pass the buck. Take responsibility for your own actions. I am sure that if somebody was paying attention, noticed, and had the opportunity to chime in, they would. You should know that it gets pretty busy at times and we don't always have time to police the configuration of other aircraft on short final...

That isn't what he is saying. Notice the "if we see..."

Scott

I smell a republican.... Go spy on your neighbours wife if you really have to. Spy camera's in airplanes are a bad idea. Work 15hrs one day, stay in a crappy hotel that night, next day take a little cat nap and your walking the unemployment line.

Latest resources

Back