• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kream926

pimpin' aint easy
this POH is a piece of crap

how is the gear held down? is it positive pressure or some king of mechanical locking mechanism?

also in a manual extend, and the power pack not working, say in a complete loss of electrical how is the gear extended? is it a free fall?

this POH is a piece of crap

how is the gear held down? is it positive pressure or some king of mechanical locking mechanism?

also in a manual extend, and the power pack not working, say in a complete loss of electrical how is the gear extended? is it a free fall?

Downlocks.

Freefall.

Positive pressure holds 'em up, when you turn the handle under the floor, you're releasing all of the pressure and the gear fall into place.

Slow to <100, pull the breaker, handle down, open the floor, insert tool and twist.

-mini

Mains have over center joints to lock them down (think of a knee when you hyperextend it). I recall the nose had a J hook mechanisim. Yes the emergency extension is a gravity free fall just like a seminole or seneca. happy training.

Normal extension is pumped down thats why it goes down quicker than freefall. Have a leak, gear bumps down on etc. Something to keep in mind for extened over water ops or when your not getting good true speed. In addition with the gear handle up leak the gear motor will run and run and run and will burn out if I am not mistaking.

Normal extension is pumped down thats why it goes down quicker than freefall. Have a leak, gear bumps down on etc. Something to keep in mind for extened over water ops or when your not getting good true speed. In addition with the gear handle up leak the gear motor will run and run and run and will burn out if I am not mistaking.

no theres a 30 second cut off

Heres a some random stuff about the be-76, is it a balanced or unbalanced gear? (Interview question) also there is a pressure switch that turns off the pump, one more random thing, I dont know if yours has this but ever notice the [FONT=&quot]Flapper switch (Exact same as the stall switches on the wings) on the bottom up the aircraft near the nose area? I could never find it in any poh but I did find out[/FONT]

Heres a some random stuff about the be-76, is it a balanced or unbalanced gear? (Interview question) also there is a pressure switch that turns off the pump, one more random thing, I dont know if yours has this but ever notice the [FONT=&quot]Flapper switch (Exact same as the stall switches on the wings) on the bottom up the aircraft near the nose area? I could never find it in any poh but I did find out[/FONT]

i think the flapper switch on the nose cuts off the heater during a stall? wtf is balanced and unbalanced gear? never heard this term.

i think the flapper switch on the nose cuts off the heater during a stall? wtf is balanced and unbalanced gear? never heard this term.

The only switch that I'm aware of is INSIDE the nose section by the heater and it kills the heater in the event of an overheated situation...gotta open the panel to reset it.

As for unbalanced or balanced gear............no clue.

-mini

Ok like I said I have not idea if all be-76 have them, but the flapper switch is on the outside (yes there is in an internal one for the over heat but is separate) and its function is a safety for the heater, but the gear needs to be up and you not moving (Crashed or gear up landing) and the heater will not operate…but since the duchess is always broken it won’t get a chance to fly to crash. About a balanced or unbalanced gear. The Duchess has a unbalanced gear, because the hydraulic actuators will move complete to one side or the other (up or down position) hence “unbalanced”. If it would be centered it would be balanced. This also applies pretty much anything that uses hydraulics (ie flight controls, dampers….) you can find out more interesting useless things, more info can be found in that “Aircraft systems for pilots” (Something like that) by that UND prof. I was asked this on an interview so that’s why I know it
fly safe.

Latest resources

Back