Droid Logbook?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enuffalready

anyone know of a decent one? I like logbook pro, but that is only windows and palm. Is there some program that will upload droid to logbook pro?

the only one i found on the app store is not very good.

anyone?

From Logbook Pro site:
Android and BlackBerry, probably mid to late 2010. Android is new but we recently received some great news on the developer side for tools in developing for the Android, but it's low priority for us at the moment. I use a BlackBerry myself and would love to support it but there's no rush, we want it to work with Logbook Pro 2010 first and foremost so we are holding off on this.

That seems strange. Would think there is big demand for blackberry and Droid. Seems like they are leaving big money on the table

That seems strange. Would think there is big demand for blackberry and Droid. Seems like they are leaving big money on the table

Leaving big money on the table? Please. Pilots are notoriously cheap. It's also a small market. Give it time though, with the quickly increasing number of Droid users, plenty of options will be available.

Only one Droid app I've found. IntelliPilot. It's not as useful as APDL, and you'll have to configure things with LBP if you sync it, but it lets you log on the road and export to a CSV file. It's still in the design process, but it seems to be on the right track. If you're flying into small airports, though, you'll come up against some roadblocks. It won't let you save a flight if the destination/departure airport isn't in the database, and it won't let you log types of approaches like ADPL does. You can type them into a field, but it's useless when you import into LBP since it tracks it differently. It won't automatically put the crew and flight number in the "remarks" section, either. However, it's all we've got now until someone comes up with something better.

If I could do more than program a BASIC loop, I'd try my hand at it. Droid is actually a bigger market than most people think. It passed the iPhone last month in market share, so it's just behind the Blackberry now. AT&T is killing their unlimited data plan, so I'd almost expect to see it get even bigger now.

Leaving big money on the table? Please. Pilots are notoriously cheap. It's also a small market. Give it time though, with the quickly increasing number of Droid users, plenty of options will be available.

well, a company that sells logbook software... you think they would have software for pda's. iphones been out for a while, and blackberry forever...

I have a Droid Incredible. I bought an old CDMA Treo 700 to use for the logbook pro. The intellipilot app is ok but I'm too lazy to be filling in people's names, airports, scheduled flight times and stuff. I love how logbook pro syncs with e-trip and makes filling out logbook life easier.

I have a Droid Incredible. I bought an old CDMA Treo 700 to use for the logbook pro. The intellipilot app is ok but I'm too lazy to be filling in people's names, airports, scheduled flight times and stuff. I love how logbook pro syncs with e-trip and makes filling out logbook life easier.

I've just gotten used to it. Been on reserve so long, I don't even remember how to use the schedule importer. No point since my trips change about every other leg.

Latest resources

Back