Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FR8dognit

Good Ole'boys club member
We are considering a move to an area near DRO...never commuted out of there. Saw there are 7-9 flights a day [2 airlines serving with CRJ(i think)] to DEN and 2 a day to PHX. Either one is ok...but most likely DEN...some concerns I have:
-how often these flights are weight restricted
-how often there are cancellations
-If you've done this turn a lot, is there often someone on the J/S?
-any other concerns

Any info from would be appreciated...and yes, if we make the move I'll be changing my signature below. ;)

Last edited:
All DRO service is by OO. As far as your other questions:

- Could very well happen in the Summer time. DRO is a hot and high airport and density alt catches up with you quickly. The runway is 8000ft but might as well be 3000ft.

- When YV operated the PHX-DRO flights, we rarely cxld that turn due to coverage and limited pax protection ability out of there.

- As far as the JS goes, not sure. I did my annual FAM ride in there once.

- The other primary factor to consider is that DRO is well North of the city of Durango, and is quite a drive according to those I've talked to about it. But feel free to ask others on their experiences.

We do half of them with XRs.
Never see any jumpers and we dont take weight restrictions.

Eagle may fly it to DFW too.

Beautiful city, but yes the airport is very far south of town. If you like outdoor endeavors then Durango is a great town.

F9 does DEN with the 190 right now. A few jumpseaters commute that route as well as some FAs. One guy even commutes to Alaska for Everts!

If I was a betting man I think you will start to see the new United Q's doing a lot of the DRO service by fall. I flew the Q in and out of there for years and it is extremely rare for it to be weight restricted.. generally only in icing conditions.

Definitely a lot of commuters out of there.. ton of WN guys.. couple VX guys, couple AA guys. That being said I can't remember ever not being able to take someone. One of those flights that was always busy but rarely full.

It is about 25 minutes to the town from the airport but if your only doing it a couple times a week that wouldn't be bad. Very cool town. Lots of good places to drink beer.

Latest resources

Back