• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Doug takes a shot at Dave

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody else notice that Doug called the 190's "regional jets". Surely, he misspoke considering they're mainline jets for US.

32, Thanks for the response. U's own told me that. I didn't think it was from external threats - more likely it was because one of Uniteds happy employees might want to take matters into their own hands.

I am searching for a letter that a UAL FA told me about that your management sent to JB's asking them to stop or limit the jumpseats they offer to their own people. Seems they don't like the fact JB gives so many of them rides from South Florida to New York. UAL taking care of its people. What have you heard?

I just got done reading the stuff over at untied.com - interesting stuff. I guess that is all true as well? I am first in line to work over there. I would love to give the most valuable years of my life to people like that.

Just wanted to hear it from the horses mouth. Oh yeah- stop taking water bottles out of the cockpit.

4 more months til this guy can reapply...

32LT10 said:
Since you all sign a individual contract does that mean each and every one of you is sort of like an express carrier for the JBLU name?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. Maybe that's why you look down on us. We remind you of the thousands upon thousands of lowly "express" pilots who'se jobs you created in your bargaining credit outsourcing binges to pad your lifestyle in the good times and in the bad times furloughed thousands and thousands of your own to save yourself while said lowly express pilots were being hired by (you guessed it) the thousands.

As for our contract, we are currently working hard on a fat, iron clad summer of love contract just like the one you have now.

Now run along and go loosen up a scope clause or something. By the way your A320 rates are getting close to ours, you better lower them to stay competitive. Oh, and don't forget to unscrew that water bottle and take a sip before you walk up the jetbridge. "It was open, sir, I swear!"

Last edited:
My Man SMITH! said:
Thats funny, when I was traveling to JFK for the interview, I spoke with one of the passengers who happened to be a loyal USAir customer for years. Since JetBlue began servicing SYR, she's switched to jetBlue and has been a customer since. She said the difference in product is night and day. I would have to agree with her! I don't see jetBlue being driven away anytime soon! Their product is far superior to any other airline I've flown on. Just my opinion.

Yeah, and the best rated airline last year with the best service was FLYI!

So much for that. It's all about the $$$!

By the way your A320 rates are getting close to ours, you better lower them to stay competitive.

While I think 32 is definately over the top and confrontational, I wouldn't be bragging or comparing our payrates with anyone elses. Especially taunting them to 'lower' theirs to ours.

Our pay is low and certainly nothing to brag about.

grain of salt my friend

JBPA said:
While I think 32 is definately over the top and confrontational, I wouldn't be bragging or comparing our payrates with anyone elses. Especially taunting them to 'lower' theirs to ours.

Our pay is low and certainly nothing to brag about.

Its far from bragging. He constantly accuses and/or implies we are dragging down the pay and QOL of the profession. When you do that, you get stones thrown at your own glass house. I was simply pointing out that our years 1-12 bus rates adjusted for an average line value of 85 hours credit a month are about 11% higher than his for CA and a small amount higher than FO's.

Again, it has nothing to do with bragging. If his little house of cards can't handle a slight breeze the he shouldn't go around demanding a confrontation.

I doubt I am taunting anyone to lower their rates. What UAL or anyone else decides to agree to with regards to pay is 100% unrelated to anything on here anyway. And when you compare our 320 rates with our generous overtime system to any other small-medium narrowbody payrates we stack up quite nicely overall, and more than many that fall into the nonexistant but often overhyped DOT "Legacy" category.

The problem isn't with us. I provided evidence to support that stance in direct responose to his accusations to the contrary. I disagree that it falls into the category of bragging or taunting.

Now if you want to say I'm wizzing in the wind trying to reason with the guy, well, you've got a point there.

I definately understand where IronCityBlue is coming from but I also agree our pay rates aren't something to jump up and down about. That being said the fact we are a six year old company is often lost when pay rates are discussed. 32 and others simply point fingers and pick fights as a side affect of little man syndrome.

Doug and Dave?

Weren't those the two American Decathletes that were supposed to finish Gold and Silver in the 1992 Summer Olympics? ;)

Nado said:
I am searching for a letter that a UAL FA told me about that your management sent to JB's asking them to stop or limit the jumpseats they offer to their own people. Seems they don't like the fact JB gives so many of them rides from South Florida to New York. UAL taking care of its people. What have you heard?

I just got done reading the stuff over at untied.com - interesting stuff. I guess that is all true as well? I am first in line to work over there. I would love to give the most valuable years of my life to people like that.

Just wanted to hear it from the horses mouth. Oh yeah- stop taking water bottles out of the cockpit.

You read untied.com? Nice. Similar to the information about the jblew f/a on queen of the sky I would say. You guys say she holds no water yet you believe a website yourself. I would say typical but you already knew that.

Interesting story about the letter. It would be very interesting for you to post it here so we can all see what you are talking about.

I read you guys are getting new uniforms. Is it true you are going with coveralls that have "sanitation dept." stamped on the back? Just wanted to get if straight from the janitors mouth.

32LT10 said:
I read you guys are getting new uniforms. Is it true you are going with coveralls that have "sanitation dept." stamped on the back? Just wanted to get if straight from the janitors mouth.

It is true and the first piece of thrash we will be disposing off is you:)

On a more serious note, I notice that the Yonited brainsurgeon still cannot spell jetblue!

Latest resources

Back