DOT Awards Polar Air Cargo Four Additional China Frequencies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PHXFLYR said:
First off,its "ALPA",not "ALPO" contrary to how you might feel about the organization. And you're wrong when you say there is no alternative to ALPA representation. You can always vote in the Teamsters,I guess. Don't know much about the one way or the other,but I seem to get the impression that they do a pretty good job for the Airborne Express pilots. Any Airborne guys or gals care to chime in?

PHXFLYR

K,

Its kinda funny when you chastise a guy for purposefully calling something a different name and then justify that name in your rebutal. Association? Organization? anything but a UNION (in the serious, blue collar, working man, we're all in this together, kind of sense). That's where we lost it!

Seems like you don't want to move beyond your non-union, non sked mindset. Oh,well ...enjoy your pissin' contest with the Polar and/or Atlas guys.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Hmmm,

Atlas and Polar are both separate union (ALPA) councils and Polar is a separate scheduled airline and company from Atlas. One is just more union than the other by having risked their jobs for the benefit of the other if they only had a picket line up, which included Atlas not flying their totally seperate customers outside of Polar.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when was the last time, lets say US Air refused to go to work when someone like Eastern, TWA or any other carrier was picketing at the same airport?

We did it at Atlas for Polar's benefit and now have a court precedence via one of the temporary restraining orders issued during that period. Get a copy of the TRO at Polar Behaving Badly. Of course, it has not provided us any positive recognition by the Polar group. They got the same amount of money that was on the table before the strike. It was just shaken up and put into different piles of distribution to various sections of the contract. So they choose to say we were the problem and refuse to look back at the verifiable history, not the Polar MEC Bobb Henderson recreation of it.

I think there is a slight difference between Eastern flying pax for TWA versus Atlas flying cargo for Polar. Eastern and TWA are two separate companies. Polar and Atlas are owned by the same holding company. All of our pay checks come from Atlas Worldwide Holdings. We use the same website to check our schedules, bid, and do payroll. We are essentially the same company. The only thing in common between Eastern and TWA or Delta and American, etc, is that they fly people around.

Why is there no mention on your website about the clause in your contract that says you do NOT have to cross ANY picket line, ever. For the life of me, I will never understand why a group of pilots that have a provision written in their contract that tells them not to cross a picket line, crossed en masse during the Polar strike.

The only defense that the Atlas guys have for crossing the Polar picket lines, is they claim, “If Atlas were to have gone on strike a few years ago, we are sure that Polar would have picked up our flying.” Of course we will never know the answer to this question because the Atlas pilots caved in to management in the 11th hour of their last contract negations and accepted the worst contract imaginable.

Atlas will always be remembered as the company who sold their brothers down the river, even though they had a contract that gave them the perfect out...they chose to cross. It doesn’t matter how many websites you put together to try to convince the aviation community you were justified in crossing the Polar picket lines, people will always see through your lies and deceit.

:puke: CFIRE.....You seem to have POLITICIAN like qualities.... CROOKED and DISTORTED.....Havent you relized yet that NOBODY CARES...Keep pissing in the wind MORON!!.......Wy don't you try and get your'self a GIRLFRIEND. Perhaps she can keep you busy doing OTHER things and you can spare us all of you'r BS propaganda.......If that doesn't work...Try getting a "BOYFRIEND"...Whatever works for YOU!!

furloughfodder said:
I think there is a slight difference between Eastern flying pax for TWA versus Atlas flying cargo for Polar. Eastern and TWA are two separate companies. Polar and Atlas are owned by the same holding company. All of our pay checks come from Atlas Worldwide Holdings. We use the same website to check our schedules, bid, and do payroll. We are essentially the same company. The only thing in common between Eastern and TWA or Delta and American, etc, is that they fly people around.

Why is there no mention on your website about the clause in your contract that says you do NOT have to cross ANY picket line, ever. For the life of me, I will never understand why a group of pilots that have a provision written in their contract that tells them not to cross a picket line, crossed en masse during the Polar strike.

The only defense that the Atlas guys have for crossing the Polar picket lines, is they claim, “If Atlas were to have gone on strike a few years ago, we are sure that Polar would have picked up our flying.” Of course we will never know the answer to this question because the Atlas pilots caved in to management in the 11th hour of their last contract negations and accepted the worst contract imaginable.

Atlas will always be remembered as the company who sold their brothers down the river, even though they had a contract that gave them the perfect out...they chose to cross. It doesn’t matter how many websites you put together to try to convince the aviation community you were justified in crossing the Polar picket lines, people will always see through your lies and deceit.
Apparently, you enjoy selectively choosing when we are the same company and when we are not despite the real legalities of it. Very close to what your MEC does. Like when Polar MEC Bob Fell decided to vounteer the Polar membership to scab Atlas if we were released by the NMB. That is verifiable by a third party, but Bobb Henderson doesn't want to address that during the last "Getting all the liars in the same room" meeting that was conducted. As a matter of fact, Bob Fell left the room when the third party showed up to counter what he said to the group and give witness of what he said in the 11th hour. Were we the same company then or not! In your next breath, you say we are together when Polar has everything to gain and nothing more to lose. It always changes depending on what Polar has to gain. There are a number of examples of that. It really doesn't matter, it's what is legal that counts not what your MEC thinks is legal or right. The latter never being a strong point of the Polar MEC. I can even explain it, but I would be wasting my time and webspace. If you are still pay ALPA dues why don't you call legal and ask them?

The ALPA National lawyers advised us in the body of the judges TRO that it affords us the right to not cross any picket now if properly formed. Of course you and your Polar MEC are much smarter about such things. I'll roll my dice with the lawyers instead of what the Polar MEC say's.

Hope that job search is going well.

B-atch said:
:puke: CFIRE.....You seem to have POLITICIAN like qualities.... CROOKED and DISTORTED.....Havent you relized yet that NOBODY CARES...Keep pissing in the wind MORON!!.......Wy don't you try and get your'self a GIRLFRIEND. Perhaps she can keep you busy doing OTHER things and you can spare us all of you'r BS propaganda.......If that doesn't work...Try getting a "BOYFRIEND"...Whatever works for YOU!! Today 02:04
Sounds like you have a little extra time on your hands. Probably because you are another furloughed Polar guy. Don't worry, the industry knows your coming. Your reputation preceeds you. Good luck on that McDonalds interview.

Get over it already

furloughfodder said:
For the life of me, I will never understand why a group of pilots that have a provision written in their contract that tells them not to cross a picket line, crossed en masse during the Polar strike.

Neither of you who continue to bicker almost one year later are doing any of us any favors.

Let me remind furloughfodder why Atlas flew:

1) We never had the luxury of a strike vote
2) The judge ordered Atlas to fly.

See? No rhetoric. No lies. Just facts....almost one year later....

Latest resources

Back