Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does anyone else thing flying is boring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airbus + USA Today= Easy money.....that's all I have to say about that!

Yeah, but you still have to be away from home a lot.

I like sitting at home while closing some REOs and they mail the commission to you... now THAT is easy money...

Wow, I guess I won't see you complaining about pay then.

Amazing the responses I get on FI about this issue considering that most of you complain about the job and pay most of the time. So I throw a comment about boredom out there and BOOYAH, pay is great and time off is awesome, beats a desk job.... blah blah........very interesting.

OK, I will be back in a bit, I need to offer 10 people a titanium solution....

Ha! Imagine if you had asked if ALPA is sorta lame. You would be hearing all about the free knee pads, the great pensions, the rigs, and oh yeah, the glossy magazine.

I take it all back!! This job is great!!! I just finished a 3 day trip yesterday with an almost 48 hour layover. Banged a chick there at the hotel. Bid on a beach duplex and chowed at Crabby Bills....

Great layover!!!!

Dude, "chowed", "chick", and "crabs" are three words that should never be spoken together, not even within a single 48 hour period.

Dude, I would take a lifetime of boring flights then returning home to what really counts (my family) over entertaining flying. Your an airline pilot, YOU SHOULD WANT IT TO BE BORING! Interesting can get people hurt.

Dude, I would take a lifetime of boring flights then returning home to what really counts (my family) over entertaining flying. Your an airline pilot, YOU SHOULD WANT IT TO BE BORING! Interesting can get people hurt.

You are missing the point. I think being an airline pilot is the most exciting flying that exists... the problem is that flying is boring. I don't think aerobatics or military flying is exciting either.

I am not talking about excitement = rise in adrenaline, I am talking about exciting being fulfilling... which a career in aviation is just not that fulfilling..

do you understand me now?

Merry Christmas.... remember, Jesus is the reason for the season

You are missing the point. I think being an airline pilot is the most exciting flying that exists... the problem is that flying is boring. I don't think aerobatics or military flying is exciting either.

Unfortunately, much of airline "flying" isn't flying, it's riding. Give me a good Cessna 120/140 any day. A 1/2 hr practicing touch and go's on a dirt strip beats 2 hours of systems monitoring in a whizjet.

I am not talking about excitement = rise in adrenaline, I am talking about exciting being fulfilling... which a career in aviation is just not that fulfilling...

You're not the only one who feels that way.

Latest resources

Back