Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Country Wild

Retiring Soon
Hey ya'll I would avoid that DO328 Jet right now, June 6 2002 ACA lost all of their PFD's and MFD's going into CVG. I would hold off until it gets fixed? but who is gonna fix it?. Dornier is out of business, and Fairchild ain't backing it very well.
Go with first class date, I todays situation be thankful ya got a job. 20 years down the road will it really matter? Any way fly safe and good luck

PFD are primary flight displays and MFD are multi functional displays.....they are the glass screens in the cockpit. PFD are the screens infront of each pilot and display the attitude, heading, altitude, airspeed...etc. The MFD sit between the pilots and display the engine gauges CAS messages, fuel levels, and other information depending on what screen you have selected and what information you want.

The EICAS screen displays the engine instruments, CAS messages etc. It is located between the Cpt's and FO's PFD and MFD's The MFD displays your route, etc. They also have system pages that you can call up. For example, the electric system can be displayed along with many others on the MFD. Really neat plane to fly.

Sounds like a dual IAC (Integrated Avionics Computer) failure. Kinda of strange if you ask me.

It's not electrical since the Capts PFD<MFD<EICAS is off the essential bus and the FO's MFD and PFD is off the non essential bus 2.

I dought they just lost their screens. Where did you hear this at?

Country Wild,

I've seen rumors go out of control, but now that I'm on the other side of the fence, I can see how they happen. Please look at our completion factors...DAL likes our airplane...a lot. If the airplane is a problem, our completion factors would reflect it.

As for J41 vs. 328, you don't have the luxury to make that choice, your fate is in the hand of the training department. I believe new hires are going into the CRJ or 328...they stopped new hires going into the 41.

I hope you get the 328 and fly on the Delta side, your opinion will change dramatically.

House

328dude,

I believe they lost all 5 DU's due to a failure of the 1VE panel. I'm not positive on that but it's what one of our mx guys told me.

Not to nitpick, but on the jet, DU's 4 & 5 are powered by DC Bus 2, not the non-essential bus 2. I assume it's the same on the prop.

Blue skies,

BR

For you that don't believe this information, I only speak when I am sure I am accurate:
1. IAD02IA076 Sunday July 28, 2002
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20020906X01547&key=1

2. IAD02IA057 Thursday June 6, 2002
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20020906X01546&key=1

You can read th reports yourself, I used to work for a US Air xpress commuter (not flying) but in operations and have seen first had the systems and short comings of DO328 first hand. Cannon plugs? Ring any bells for you PSA folks? How about the one located in the APU intake....are we gonna take delays again this winter...anyway it is a good aircraft with some minor flaws like most A/C...some more critical than others.

Blueridge: I stand corrected. Your right about the DC bus 2. The prop is the same way. Better get back to ground school.

Where the TV's black or did they have the "big red X"?

Latest resources

Back