do you use bidpro?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N tha jungle

Pilots at UPS, United, and AE can use bidpro to help them bid. How do you like it? Are there other programs to help you bid? my company is not linked with bidpro.

I use it and like it alot. It really helps to narrow down the choices you have to make.

I love using it at ATA. I'm #108 in my base, though I usually get one of my top ten choices (non-commuter), so I have to bid a huge number of lines just to cover myself. BidPro allowed me to cut my monthly bidding time from 7 - 8 hourws a month to ten to fifteen minutes. It does a better job of consistently screening lines than I could ever do. Well worth the 8 bucks a month.

njcapt said:
I love using it at ATA. Well worth the 8 bucks a month.

Just curious NJCapt, who are you paying $8 a month too, Bidpro? ATA? At UPS, other than the initial purchase of the software, there are no fees to use Bidpro.

What form do the lines have to be in for Bidpro to use them? In other words, what file types is it compatible with? Wondering if I can plug my lines into it. I work at Mesa. The lines are in word or HTML format on the computer.

zymotic said:
What form do the lines have to be in for Bidpro to use them? In other words, what file types is it compatible with? Wondering if I can plug my lines into it. I work at Mesa. The lines are in word or HTML format on the computer.

Sorry I don't know what format they come in. It's my understanding at UPS, that once the bid lines are built, the company sends the data to the union who then puts the data on the union website, you then go to the website and download the data files into your Bidpro software.

UPSer said:
Just curious NJCapt, who are you paying $8 a month too, Bidpro? ATA? At UPS, other than the initial purchase of the software, there are no fees to use Bidpro.

We at ATA don't have any formal contract terms that dictate using bidding software, but each month the company sends the pairing and line data to BidPro. The end users (with an $8 a month subscription to the BidPro service) can then download the information from the BidPro web site.

The software dude, who is an airline pilot I am told, is constantly making changes to the software to suit our bittches and needs. For example, we can now bid directly from the BidPro software applicaton if connected to the internet, and the A and B reserve lines are represented individually.

I use it at AK. It makes bidding much easier.

However, it won't submit my bid and I can't use the mobile apps. I sent a service request and they mark it as solved a few months later with no solution. It seems like they just toss the requests in the trash.

Latest resources

Back