Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Brians_Mother

Hello,
My name is Jamie Burton and I am the mother of Timothy Brian Roberts ("Smurf"). A tragic plane accident took Brian's life on Thursday, November 20, 2003, in Somerset, KY. My heart is broken - I miss him terribly.
He was in a plane registered as N748CH, on his way to test for his commercial license. The plane's engine failed during takeoff, and Brian, his instructor, Terry Sumpter, and a passenger were killed.
Brian spent his last summer flying to airshows with some other people from the Somerset, KY, airport, across the United States.
I am hoping that someone may have some pictures or remembrances of Brian that could be shared with me.
Thank you and God bless.

Sorry to say, but I never knew him. I do remember hearing about it thought. You of course have my deepest condolences as I am sure those of everyone else on here.

God bless.

Mr Moderator could you please stick this to the top for Ms Burton for a week or two so everybody gets a chance to see it.Thanks. JW

Moderator Input

Guys--please be nice and only post to help this lady.

No obnoxious rants or jibes will be tolerated...Period.

Thanks.

EF

I didn't know Brian, but I know guys like him, and can easily picture his excitement and joy when it comes to flying.

There's nothing I could possibly say that would help, other than God bless you and your family, may He ease your pain.

I didn't know your son, but I'm sure he was an outstanding young man who loved flying very much. As Gorilla says, I've known many like him. He was one of us, and I'm sure the world is a lesser place without him here.

Learjet Driver

I did not know Brian either, but Somerset being where I am from I remember the accident, and I can only hope that my words can offer you some comfort.

Tailwinds Brian.

Latest resources

Back