DL & AS announcement on Monday in SEA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mea25000,
I'm with you - this is great news for us and our company. It is great to work for a growing, profitable company. Our management as earned my trust and I believe that we will see a good new contract next spring.
There will always be a hand full of guys on this web board as well as in the cockpit that are doom and gloom no matter what. Nothing will ever be good enough for them and frankly, I don't care to listen to their noise.
I'm going to enjoy the ride and look back some day with pride in a job well done for a very successfull company.

Its all a moving target this far out... best case if economy holds up and capacity does well... We could be at 200 by late 2018 to mid 2019... The worst number I have seen for that time frame would still have us around 172.

This is probably the best news I've heard from the puzzle palace since I've been with Alaska. However, I've learned not to get too excited since these guys are expert spin doctors. I'll believe it when I see it and enjoy the ride until then.

It's great to be excited about potential growth, even though it may take awhile to get all of them. This order said getting 50 airplanes, and most of them will replace old ones. What about the SAN hub? It is great you will be getting a net gain of airplanes, but I think it will be around 25 (2/3's of the 75 on order?). When are those new ones coming? I think it said all could be there by 2022. Maybe those could do transcons from SAN to Hartford and Jacksonville? Good for you guys! I am personally hoping for nonstop ATL to Juneau or Sitka to ATL. That would be awesome!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Hiring 10% of our current list each year for next 8 years... thats neutral for sure GL. Time will tell... I will take that bet though! Oh by the way Boeing did give us SWA + pricing on this deal. I think the sky looks pretty blue. ;) Fantastic!

Last edited:
This is probably the best news I've heard from the puzzle palace since I've been with Alaska. However, I've learned not to get too excited since these guys are expert spin doctors. I'll believe it when I see it and enjoy the ride until then.
AMEN!! Anybody who doesn't hold this position: hasn't been here long enough to know better. The only part of the "Vision 2010" that DIDN'T materialize....growth. The kind of growth that the pilots look for...not ASM.

There are just as many pilots on the seniority list now as there was 10 years ago. It's great news of course, but i'm cautiously optimistic.

General, I'm not quite sure what your program is. You go through times where you are pretty logical, but than other times... Wow! Alaska's announcement was for an additional 50 firm jet orders. They already have 25 firm on the books. Yes, 50 will be used to replace the 400/700's. That gives a very modest growth of 21% over 10 years. I agree, nothing to go crazy about. The kicker is about CHOICES. Alaska has an additional 69 options for growth opportunities. They will use these as the conditions warrant. That gives the company the ability to grow 95%. That is something to get excited about. As long as the company continues to perform, I fully expect them to exercise them.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

General, I'm not quite sure what your program is. You go through times where you are pretty logical, but than other times... Wow! Alaska's announcement was for an additional 50 firm jet orders. They already have 25 firm on the books. Yes, 50 will be used to replace the 400/700's. That gives a very modest growth of 21% over 10 years. I agree, nothing to go crazy about. The kicker is about CHOICES. Alaska has an additional 69 options for growth opportunities. They will use these as the conditions warrant. That gives the company the ability to grow 95%. That is something to get excited about. As long as the company continues to perform, I fully expect them to exercise them.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

That's wonderful. But, you are assuming a lot. You and I don't even know if AK will be a stand alone airline in 5 years. Options are great, if they are used. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

No offense Alaska brothers......

Delta needs to stop helping you be profitable.....we need to fly our own people and vice versa. Any mainline order is good, but the way we just farm out code sharing with a 737 operator makes me puke.

And here I thought RJ scope was the issue.....

No offense Alaska brothers......

Delta needs to stop helping you be profitable.....we need to fly our own people and vice versa. Any mainline order is good, but the way we just farm out code sharing with a 737 operator makes me puke.

And here I thought RJ scope was the issue.....

I totally agree. Alaska should be flying their own passengers to Europe and Asia from Seattle.

Latest resources

Back