• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Displaced to 700

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been on the ATR for 5 years, and I have been bypassed for the 200 and the 700 for 3 years.. I WANT TO GO TO THE 700.. I BID THE 700.. AND THEY WILL NOT LET ME GO.. NO SEAT FREEZE NO REASON.. THEY JUST WONT LET ME OFF THE ATR.

I really thought that this final award would have my name on it after 3 years of being bypassed and paid crj 700 rates to fly the ATR.

You have been here a year or less and you are getting the seat and equipment I want and have bid for for the last 3 years.. WHAT THE ^%$%# HAPPENED TO SENORITY?

That sucks, sorry that's happened to you. Come out to LAX for 6 mo and go back. That sounds like the only way they're gonna let you off it.

Trojan

That sucks, sorry that's happened to you. Come out to LAX for 6 mo and go back. That sounds like the only way they're gonna let you off it.

Trojan
thats a great idea av8trix. go to LAX then come back to ATL and pull gear for me. Now THAT would be fun.

I'm a CA on the ATR getting bumped back to the right seat. I have my bid in for the 700 and 200. So they gave me right seat on the ATR! SUX! Been here over 5 years and they give it to new guys that will be on idefinite reserve!
Oh well

I'm a CA on the ATR getting bumped back to the right seat. I have my bid in for the 700 and 200. So they gave me right seat on the ATR! SUX! Been here over 5 years and they give it to new guys that will be on idefinite reserve!
Oh well

Hey man, i hear ya. It is CRAP, i dont know why in the world they didnt go by who has a bid in, from what i hear quite a few people have bid the 700 and didn't get it. I did not have it on my bid sheet, but got it anyways.

What has ALPA done for you lately?

You kill me. You turn this into an anti ALPA rally? We're operating off a contract from 1998. The Company can do all this, it's legal and is abiding the contract. Why don't you become part of the solution rather than remaining part of the problem?

Trojan

A) reserve on the 200 -> reserve on the 700 who cares...
B) The have not displaced any fo's off of the 700, so displacing capt'sand adding fo's is not completely nuts.

not somthing to lose a lot of sleep over.

You kill me. You turn this into an anti ALPA rally? We're operating off a contract from 1998. The Company can do all this, it's legal and is abiding the contract. Why don't you become part of the solution rather than remaining part of the problem?

Trojan

precisely... and who helped you get that stellar contract in 98?
the solution is to lose alpa.

I know I'll be corrected if wrong, but in '98 it was an acceptable contract. But things change, and by industry standards it is far from a decent contract now. This, among many other things, needs to be changed. Alot of guys are getting hosed due to a lack of language preventing it from happening.

precisely... and who helped you get that stellar contract in 98?
the solution is to lose alpa.

Do you not have a grip on reality? Things change in the industry over the years. In 1998, it was an industry leading contract. I apologize, you must be a new hire. Most everyone was pretty content for the most part. It was a decent contract, it's now outdated. If you know anything about ASA, then you'd know that a Union is essential. Without one, we would be using park benches at outstations on overnights. Or soliciting passengers for a room on the overnight leg. A Union is what the rank and file make it. It doesn't do Jack $hit if there's no support.

Trojan

Latest resources

Back