Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FurloughedAgain

Cabin Heating & Air Tech.
Taking the wife away for Valentine's day. It'll be our last vacation as a "couple" before the little one is born.

Obviously we wont be doing any thrill-rides or anything but we thought that the different international pavilions at Epcot and the movie pavilions at MGM would be fun.

Anybody have any suggestions regarding things we should try to do, see, or eat?

Thanks in advance!

Hi f'ed Again

My wife and I have done many terrific trips to Disney Florida. Most with kids and a few alone. We have stayed at the Beach Club located next door to the Yacht club. It is typical Disney, wonderful by any standard. The Beach Club and Yacht Clubs share a great wandering swimming pool complex. There are a large number of water activities located on the property. It is located at the back door of Epcot Center. Our kids are now grown and gone but we are returning to Disney in March without them as we love the place so much. It is the first place we plan on taking the Grand Kids.

How you spend your time will depend greatly on how many days you are there and how large the crowds are. Spring Break is brutal for volumes of people. Other times can be so quiet you will wonder if the parks are even open.

There are 4 main parks and several "lesser" parks. Each has a different theme and will require a full day minimum to explore. I have enjoyed the parks without the kids as much as with. MGM studios is our personal favorite. There is no end of adult oriented (non-child like) activities to explore. This trip I am looking forward to the new Cir Du Sol show which is located in Disney village. I am told it is outstanding. We already have tickets for a March 29 show.

If you have not been there before I recommend you get a copy of a Disney travel book. There are several of both "official" and "unofficial" ones to choose from. They will be great at helping you customize a flight plan to follow.

I'm just a big kid at heart and do not know what I will become if I grow up. Flying just lets me keep that dream alive. If you would like more info let me know.

Have a great trip.

If it's just you and the wife...

BRING LOTS OF CASH! About a thousand in twenties should do it.

If it's you, the wife, & the kid(s)...

TAKE OUT A SECOND MORTGAGE!

Have fun and bring me back a set of mouse ears with my name stitched in the back.

:D ;)

JG

Ok... but dont laugh when you get a FedEx with those mouse ears inside. And I expect a photo of you wearing them.

We got a really good deal on the package and purchased the meal-plan which should save us a few bucks on food.

I'll let you know if my thrifty nature survives.

BenderGonzales said:
Ok... but dont laugh when you get a FedEx with those mouse ears inside. And I expect a photo of you wearing them.

I got my first set at the age of 3 when my parents took me and my brother and have gone out of my way to get "ears" every time. They only do the embroidered ones at a couple shops in the majic kingdom...

:D

Have fun!!!

Hey, we did the meal plan in June. What a deal! Ate like kings. Definitely the way to go at Disney now.:)

the meal plan did seem like a good deal. I'm trying to get an upgrade to a consierge level at the Yacht Club. If i'm successful, breakfast is taken care of, then lunch and dinner are taken care of by the meal-plan. Might be able to get away with not paying anything extra! <fingers crossed>

FurloughedAgain said:
Taking the wife away for Valentine's day. It'll be our last vacation as a "couple" before the little one is born.

Obviously we wont be doing any thrill-rides or anything but we thought that the different international pavilions at Epcot and the movie pavilions at MGM would be fun.

Anybody have any suggestions regarding things we should try to do, see, or eat?

Thanks in advance!

I just finished typing a 4 paragraph response and then my internet crashed :uzi: darnit

ok again...... If you already have made reservations to Disney, then ignore what I say. Try Sandals Resort and Spa. My wife and I went there on our honeymoon and it was amazing! Everything is all inclusive. The St. Lucia resort was voted #1 for couples. no kids absoultely. My wife and I did everything from horseback riding onthe beach to scuba diving to shuffle board at the hotel after we ate :) she won twice!! haha

The hardest part was when the honeymoon was over, reminding ourselves to pay for our meals when we got back tot he U.S. (happened couple of times)

Have fun and congrats on your newbie!

Sounds fun, but i'm not taking a pregnant woman outside of the United States.

Maybe i'm a snob, but i'm much more comfortable with medical science in our little corner of the world. (otherwise we'd be on a cruise! We LOVE cruises).

Just on the outside chance that she needs a doctor, I know that she's 15 minutes away from a world-class hospital in Orlando. I couldn't feel comfortable on some beach in the Caribbean.

Latest resources

Back