diploma mill?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

vtwo

Who hasn't heard of these pay for play university's.
I have read where a lot of them have been shut down.
Are there any that are still operating?
What is the cost.?
What do trascripts look like ect?????
what if you have your degree from one and it is shut down latter?

I have heard of so many online degrees. How do you tell if one is better than the other?

Any info on this would be great.

Airlines and most companies for that matter ask if you attended an "accredited" University. Every university that is a "Real School", like a state university etc, will be listed in the back of the Webster's Dictionary, there is a specific location just for that. There are different levels of accreditation, and "Joes Online Degree College" will not be in there, and most will not accept them.

Mark

Airlines and most companies for that matter ask if you attended an "accredited" University. Every university that is a "RealSchool", like a state university etc, will be listed in the back of the Webster's Dictionary, there is a specific location just for that. There are different levels of accreditation, and "JoesOnlineDegreeCollege" will not be in there, and most will not accept them.

Mark

But they advertise in the Airlines magazine.

But they advertise in the Airlines magazine.

I have always found that ironic!

I would recommend ERAU Online. It is affordable (some will disagree, but I feel it is compared to other online schools) and they will award you credit for flying certificates and ratings. Whatever you do, do not give money to these "schools" that are really nothing more than printing companies. Good luck!

Airlines and most companies for that matter ask if you attended an "accredited" University. Every university that is a "RealSchool", like a state university etc, will be listed in the back of the Webster's Dictionary, there is a specific location just for that. There are different levels of accreditation, and "JoesOnlineDegreeCollege" will not be in there, and most will not accept them.

Mark

Nice Vette. I've got a 62' in my garage.
Like Vette said find an "accredited" school. Quite a few good schools have started distance programs. That's what I'm doing for my MBA. If anything a degree teaches you how to study. Best of luck.

Latest resources

Back