difference in NJA Hawker 800's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ALV

I was recently hired into the Hawker 800XPC. What if any difference is there in the 800XP and the XPC ?

In another brilliant move by NJA the new 800XP-Collins have additional baggage located where the 3 place bench was. The bench served many purposes. The new storage area is the same and the one the crew uses for its bags and it holds very little additional space.

The new storage isnt large enough for skiis which the bench was but you can now seat a passenger on the pottie provided they weight less than 170lbs.

How many XPCs on the property and will they eventually all be XPCs? Beyond the upgraded flight deck, any other performance differences? Lastly, of those newhires who get assigned to the Hawker 800 fleet (not the 1000), what percentage will likely go to the XPC vs. the XP?

Anyone out there flying the XPC - how do you like it?

Thanks

There arent any performance differences with the XP-C. I think we have like 12 or 14 but I am not sure. We just got another 6 seater the other day so now we have 3 of those. All the 800's we get now should be XP-C's.

There are a few differences between some of the new XP-C's and the older ones and a few differences with the 6 seaters. For the most part all the 6 seaters are crap. Raytheon did a poor job of assembly and we dont know why. It could be because NJA is rushing them or Raytheon is rushing itself. The newer XP-C have a larger data base which allows you to type something in to the FMS and not lose it if you switch pages. We tune our radios on the FMS so if you are on a legs page and type in a freq and then swith to the tune page the freq doesnt carry over. With the new databases it finally does. Best part about the deal is it does all your numbers for you. No checklist. I do miss having RMU or what ever the radio tuners were called in the Honeywell.

The nice part about the 6 seaters is the steering and throttle cables are tight.
As for new hires I think some are going in to the XP-C but not all.

"I do miss having RMU or what ever the radio tuners were called in the Honeywell."

-You're getting old, man ;)

- nah, it must be living in the redneck south that's slowing you down a bit!

E.

So if I have a share in a NJ HS125, and I have 7 pax going on a trip, and a six seater pulls on the ramp for my flight, what the heck am I supposed to do? This as far as I'm concerned makes no sense, esp. if the baggage space has not improved appreciably.

Latest resources

Back