Did NJI get a raise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wolfpackpilot said:
That’s a 19 hour duty day for a 4 pilot crew....We are currently petitioning the FAA to allow a 3 pilot crew to operate up to 15 hours (4’s a crowd in the G-V).
You're doing WHAT!?!?:eek:
If it's cramped you get a bigger plane, not decrease the number of pilots. Thats like the GV owners that took the crew rest area out so the pax could have more room on 6500 mile legs.

Looks like the BBWG will have some more work to undo.

Correcting said:
Wolfpack,

What you mention ain't bad, but...

7 years with Netjets flying PIC on a Class 1 aircraft:

Making $94,500/year
Already made 3k in OT this year just by showing up for work
All the excellent benefits you mentioned
Work less than 6 months a year
A union contract with workrules

Is being a sucker really that great?

BFD. When WP has been at NJI for 7 years, THEN you can compare. While you're at it, why not compare 7 year pay for someone at JB or SWA. It has more relevance.TC

NJA Capt said:
You're doing WHAT!?!?:eek:
If it's cramped you get a bigger plane, not decrease the number of pilots. Thats like the GV owners that took the crew rest area out so the pax could have more room on 6500 mile legs.

Looks like the BBWG will have some more work to undo.

Not that big of a deal, we did it all of the time in the BBJ, our longest leg was 15.5 hours non stop from KMCO-NFFN(Nadi, Fiji) and we do other ones with 3 pilots part 91 of course, but in the GV it makes sense to use 3, way to crowded with 4, you NJA guys sweat the small stuff and everything comes down to money, sometimes it ain't about the money especially if you enjoy what you are doing!!

enjoyment don't pay the bills.

proud to sweat the small stuff.

ukipilot said:
Not that big of a deal, we did it all of the time in the BBJ, our longest leg was 15.5 hours non stop from KMCO-NFFN(Nadi, Fiji) and we do other ones with 3 pilots part 91 of course, but in the GV it makes sense to use 3, way to crowded with 4, you NJA guys sweat the small stuff and everything comes down to money, sometimes it ain't about the money especially if you enjoy what you are doing!!

Jesus God Almighty why is it a sin to get paid well for something you enjoy doing. AROD makes 190K for 9 innings of work and he fuc*ing loves his job more than the average pilot I can guarantee that. By the way when you count the amount of hours you are on duty and away from home (I call it duty time yield) you are really getting the short end of the stick. The bastardization of a once proud industry continues......

as214 said:
Jesus God Almighty why is it a sin to get paid well for something you enjoy doing. AROD makes 190K for 9 innings of work and he fuc*ing loves his job more than the average pilot I can guarantee that. By the way when you count the amount of hours you are on duty and away from home (I call it duty time yield) you are really getting the short end of the stick. The bastardization of a once proud industry continues......

AS214,
Asking you nicely to refrain from using God's name and his son's name in vain on this forum. I however agree with you. There is nothing wrong with getting paid to do your passion.

Go Steelers!

as214 said:

The I side guys did not go to work for < 30,000 a year. We would have got our raise sooner if the company was not messing with the unions.

NJI seat swaps?

wolfpackpilot said:
My new Gulfstream has a range of 6700nm. That’s well over 15 hours of flight time (I believe our record is 15:47, VNY to Christchurch, New Zealand). ...

That’s a 19 hour duty day for a 4 pilot crew, and its standard operating procedure. We are currently petitioning the FAA to allow a 3 pilot crew to operate up to 15 hours (4’s a crowd in the G-V). ...

wolfpackpilot,

Off the raise topic a bit...

Wondering how NJI works the pilot rotation during the flight for 3 & 4 pilot crews? Do they swap every 1.5 hrs, every 3 hrs, each third of the flight, etc? Do you carry 2 Capts & 2 FOs or 1 Capt & 2-3 FOs? If there is more than one FO, do they take turns being in the seat for departure & arrivals during the week, or is the junior FO just for cruise relief?

Thanks in advance,
VVJM265

Last edited:
NJANJIFLEXFLOP said:
AS214,
Asking you nicely to refrain from using God's name and his son's name in vain on this forum. I however agree with you. There is nothing wrong with getting paid to do your passion.

Go Steelers!
My GAWD, the Bible-thumpers abound! Jeezus Keerist! :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back