• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N2264J

Re: member
“Intolerable!”
ALPA pilots picket coast-to-coast to back British Airways pilots
March 15, 2008 - In a stirring show of cross-Atlantic unity, ALPA pilots conducted informational picketing across the United States on Saturday to demonstrate solidarity with their union brothers and sisters at British Airways (BA) as they fight their management’s attempt to start a new airline without using pilots from their seniority list.

Where was all the righteous indignation about alter ego airlines when Delta was permitted to establish nine alter egos at DCI (several not even ALPA carriers), in this country, after their kneejerk denial of Delta/Comair/ASA merger petition in 2000?

Why are my union dues dollars funding this fake display of outrage about a UK airline that's not even in ALPA? Would it be reasonable to ask if ALPA has any credibility on this issue?

Judge ALPA by their actions, not their words.

Last edited:
IT has to start sometime....

Did the US get religion on slavery too late?

Did the US get religion on womens rights? What about that old woman who wanted to vote all her life only to die just before it became law?

Did the US get religion on slavery too late?

Did the US get religion on womens rights? What about that old woman who wanted to vote all her life only to die just before it became law?

Just to make sure we get this right, Rez, ALPA can do no wrong in your book. There's an excuse for every action. Is that about right?

Where was all the righteous indignation about alter ego airlines when Delta was permitted to establish nine alter egos at DCI (several not even ALPA carriers), in this country, after their kneejerk denial of Delta/Comair/ASA merger petition in 2000?

Why are my union dues dollars funding this fake display of outrage about a UK airline that's not even in ALPA? Would it be reasonable to ask if ALPA has any credibility on this issue?

Judge ALPA by their actions, not their words.

Nothing but another tired ALPA publicity stunt. All talk, no substance. US regionals can get whipsawed from now until eternity, but a MAINLINE group across the pond gets screwed and ITS WAR!!!

Move along, nothing to see here.

Rez, I have a very simple question. Would it be better to spend that money at home to bring all of a U.S. carriers' flying back inhouse, or continue the whipsaw that ALPA has allowed since the 80's?

Why are my union dues dollars funding this fake display of outrage about a UK airline that's not even in ALPA?

Deja vu!

A few years ago I was scratching my head over the dues money my union had to spend to defend against a frivolous lawsuit filed by a bunch of booger-eating RJDC losers...who were members of the same union!

Would it be reasonable to ask if ALPA has any credibility on this issue? Judge ALPA by their actions, not their words.

"Reasonable" uttered by an RJDC dweeb?

"Philanderer!", exclaimed Eliot Spitzer!

"Gun safety NOW!" cried Dick "Deadeye" Cheney!

The circle is unbroken.

Rez, I have a very simple question. Would it be better to spend that money at home to bring all of a U.S. carriers' flying back inhouse, or continue the whipsaw that ALPA has allowed since the 80's?
How do you suggest that ALPA end the whipsaw?

Deja vu!

A few years ago I was scratching my head over the dues money my union had to spend to defend against a frivolous lawsuit filed by a bunch of booger-eating RJDC losers...who were members of the same union!

"Reasonable" uttered by an RJDC dweeb?

"Philanderer!", exclaimed Eliot Spitzer!

"Gun safety NOW!" cried Dick "Deadeye" Cheney!

The circle is unbroken.

That was great, and you saved me some typing. you said it all. Here's hoping cooler heads will prevail in our deal.

Well, of course it had to start sometime, Snowflake. Hey, I've got an idea! Why not start WITH ALPA MEMBERS!

As ALPA is wrings its hands about alter egos in Europe, you, PCL_128, Occum's Razor, and the other hacks blithely explain away union blemishes while a big, dead, smelly fish lies rotting before us on ALPA's table.

You know, when Dan Brannan ran for president he said "Noone is afraid of ALPA anymore" and he was right. Do you think the management of British
Airways gives a hoot what ALPA thinks after seeing them throw their own members under the bus? They're laughing at our stupid informational picketing. The only people taken in by this charade are the sycophants like you.

Tell me, why doesn't the union demand that the Compass, Mesaba and Comair pilots be represented at the Delta/NWA talks? We're all in the same union. We're all in the soon-to-be same company. Why only two pilot groups at the table?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back