• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL shrink to profitability

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Considering the state of the roads (especially those off the main drag) you have to give full credit to the ramp workers who did show up. Just think what could be achieved on a daily basis if management treated them like valuable and necessary employees instead of an expendable commodity to be endlessly dicked around. They really do need to go union. A Wilmington weekend in the snow? Just like an ABX Christmas: Priceless.

for those of you who haven't had a good laugh in a while, you must check out the yahoo finance board for ABXA...as Newman would say, HIIIIILLLLAAAARRRIOUS!!

Oh, that stuff melted fast, huh. Amazing transformation from Friday night/ saturday morn.

I guess it was ok to be optimistic about running a sort Saturday morning, but at 3:30 am while facing zero zero conditions riding in the crew van...that is when I would have pulled the plug on the operation. It was bad, icey, lots of snow drifts, and no freight at all being delivered to the airplanes. 6 am departures finally departed around 2p.m. The drive to the airport was also very bad....the snow plows didn't even bother plowing hwy 73.

Tough call but Federal and UPS ran their sorts and had the same amount of delays. I guess you do not want to be the only one to cancel!

UPS' average delay during the storm was just 1:40.

I sat in the chocks for 6 hours in MEM......

Latest resources

Back