• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Denver Tower withholding gust information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DEN is the worst run airport in the nation. I have lost track of how many times I have refused a runway because of winds. All to keep the "flow" going.....pilots need to grow a pair and use the runway that is wind appropriate....Duh.

I was part of a deal at LAX one time where Traffic was going to the West until some guy in a 767 (I don't remember the carrier) reminded Tower of the 10 KT tailwind limit.

I lucked out because I was just coming out of the FBO when they switched it, and didn't get to see the mess.

Someone is having a slow news day. If you can't land within your aircrafts limitations then get out of the industry.
It was not possible to determine in all cases whether the passenger jet departed in a direct crosswind (as opposed to into a strong headwind or tailwind). However, using observation, radio tower traffic, computer flight data, and by collecting witness statements from pilots and others familiar with DIA operations, we determined a large number of the departing flights in windy conditions were sent up the runway by tower operators in crosswind conditions.

They should install some sort of wind indicator next to each runway... Oh, wait.

Someone is having a slow news day. If you can't land within your aircrafts limitations then get out of the industry.

Thank you.

Just refuse it if it's outside limits (airplane's or pilot's). How hard is that? Get paid a few extra bucks too!

I was part of a deal at LAX one time where Traffic was going to the West until some guy in a 767 (I don't remember the carrier) reminded Tower of the 10 KT tailwind limit.

I lucked out because I was just coming out of the FBO when they switched it, and didn't get to see the mess.

What 10 knot tailwind limit? His company's? Our 767 tailwind component exceeds 10 knots. I hate it when someone believes his/her company's limitations are global.....

Latest resources

Back