DEN-LAX Commute

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

phishhman

For those of you commuters out there, does anyone do the DEN-LAX Commute? I might be starting this soon. I am now doing DEN-IAH, which is tolerable at best. But I know that DEN and LAX are UAL bases so that doesn't help much. Any insight would be helpful. Also, if I go to a different LA airport, are there easy (relatively) ways to get to LAX? Thanks in advance.

There are lots of flights all day long between Denver and LAX. Many non-stop and just as many two leg through PHX or LAS. I don't recommend going though LAS because half the plane will be full of drunks on their way to adult Disneyland. Fun if you are one of them...pain in the @ss if you aren't. If you don't want to non-rev you can book a ticket for less than $100 on Expedia. And Long Beach and Ontario are back up options. You can take a shuttle from Long Beach to LAX for $25. Not sure about Ontario.

The United flights are usually large aircraft and are often largely full. F9 is the other option to and is hit and miss. Lots of flights. ONT would be the easiest commute from DEN.
I'm considering the DEN to IAH commute but I've heard it's the worst in the business. What's the Truth?

I commuted from LAX to DEN for three years with zero troubles. United is the way to go in terms of frequency. Frontier is great to ride on, and they had later flights than United (or at least used to).

If you're an employee at a CASS carrier, you shouldn't have any issues whatsoever.

One little problem is there's no LAX-DEN after about 8:30pm....and worse on Sat.

The United flights are usually large aircraft and are often largely full. F9 is the other option to and is hit and miss. Lots of flights. ONT would be the easiest commute from DEN.
I'm considering the DEN to IAH commute but I've heard it's the worst in the business. What's the Truth?

Why would ONT be an easier commute than LAX. UAL is the only carrier that goes non-stop. I figured LAX would have more and better options.

I am doing the DEN-IAH commute now. It isn't bad half of the time. It is hell from June to end of August. Sept-Thanksgiving is pretty easy. So is After New Years to Spring Break (except for MLK and Prez Day Weekends.) CAL has a LOT of senior people going back and forth. I am gonna try LAX for a change of scenery.

never done the commute but as far a flying into the la area, sna and ont both have flight to lax in a skywest brazillia. depending on time of day, you don't want to fly into bur, sna, or ont and then have to take a shuttle.

Latest resources

Back