• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GuppyPuppy

Living the Dream
Anybody ever hear of Delta Elite?

I guess one of our furloughed pilots got on with them and will be getting pass privileges on Delta. I think they have one of the larger Citations.

I'd like to apply, but found nothing on Delta's website. If anyone knows about this venture and how to apply, please post.

Thanks.

Cheers!

GP

DAE

Delta Air Elite is DAL's wholly owned corporate jet & aircraft management arm, in operation since 1984. They started with one Lear 25D. It is NOT a failed fractional attempt like UAL's Avolar.

Here are their mins:

Captain: 3000 TT, 2000 PIC, 1000 Turbine & ATP
FO: 2000 TT, 1000 PIC fixed wing, 200 muti & ATP

Resumes can be sent to [email protected].

They operate and/or manage a fleet of:

Global Express, G-V, G-IVSP, G-II/G-III, Falcon 50 & 900B, Challenger 600, 601 & 604, Citation CJ1, II, Bravo, Ultra, Excel/III/X, Beechjet 400A, Lear 31A/35A/45/55/60, Hawker 700 & 800XP, and the CRJ and Do328 as well as the mainline fleet are also available for charter.

FMI: AirElite

Does anyone know where they are based?

What about pay/benefits/schedules/etc?

And the big question: is there a flow-through to Delta? ;)

Isn't the DO328 and the CRJ run by ACA? They used to do a shuttle between IAD and TEB. Or are the planes that air elite are talking about are wholy owned?

Naviator said:

Does anyone know where they are based?

They are based in Cincinatti OH.

Naviator said:

What about pay/benefits/schedules/etc?

And the big question: is there a flow-through to Delta?

Sorry, I have no idea.

Diesel said:

Isn't the DO328 and the CRJ run by ACA? They used to do a shuttle between IAD and TEB. Or are the planes that air elite are talking about are wholy owned?

Delta Air Elite utilizes ACA DO328 Jets and Comair CRJs; no ACA CRJs. They also use wholly owned bizjets and obtain the use of others through an affiliate network of approved charter operators. The fleet listing on their site includes all of these varied setups, in addition to the available DAL mainline fleet.

Fracman said:

Isn't AirElite the old Comair management company?

Yes, the original company in 1984 was Comair Jet Express. The same people you have probably seen at FBOs 'following' AF1 with press charters in OH CRJs. It was a subsidiary of Comair Holdings, which was purchased by Delta in 2000. Then in October 2001 Comair Jet Express became Delta AirElite Business Jets.

Check out www.airelite.com

Looks like they have a large fleet of nice corporate jets including a Global Express and Gulfstreams...

Check it out!

Good luck.

It is my understanding that David Seibenburgen (sp?), the one time president of Comair and the "gentleman" responsible for the the unmitigated, deliberate, and maliscious abuse of the Comair pilots for the three years prior to the strike of '01, is now the head of Delta's Air Elite....It is also my understanding that he was given that position as a result of how he handled the contract negotiations and the strike.....Go to work for him if you want......

Latest resources

Back