Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HarryParatestes

The Greek Speedo Model
What a cluster *Fudge*. DAL cannot seem to run an operation when it rains in ATL. Last night with the Terror threat just added to the mess that Delta creates for itself. The gate agents are rude and not friendly. The service counter is undermanned and few and far between. It is a wonder how this airline stays in business.

Sorry about your experience last night. It was a mess, thats for sure.

I don't think DAL is alone when it comes to gate agents...I think you'd be hard pressed to do that job for very long and not become jaded. To that end, at least they are slowly being replaced by kiosks?! Maybe when they're totally replaced they'll program some sort of 'eye-rolling' graphic to make it like a real human!

The biggest problem any airline based in ATL has is the pathetic labor pool that is found in Atlanta. You can't train people to be polite and have a good work ethic. That's something you're either raised with or not. The city of Atlanta is a cesspool of laziness, underachievement, and corruption. These are the people that end up on the ramp and behind the ticket counters.

jetstream said:
The biggest problem any airline based in ATL has is the pathetic labor pool that is found in Atlanta. You can't train people to be polite and have a good work ethic. That's something you're either raised with or not. The city of Atlanta is a cesspool of laziness, underachievement, and corruption. These are the people that end up on the ramp and behind the ticket counters.

Ouch!

It's management. Delta management knows for a 100% certainty that every summer there will be several days of thunderstorms. Yet they still pack the schedule tightly with hundreds of 50-seater airplanes as well as mainline. Enter inevitable thunderstorms, and you have airplanes leaving 4-5 hours late.

When this happens, people wait in lines for hours, only to be told later they must sleep on the floor. It's "weather related," according to Delta. No, the weather is inevitable. It's the operator who knowingly packs their schedules too tightly.

It was great to see elderly people, people in wheelchairs, children, all sleeping on the floor at 4:00 this morning, while the Delta elite Leadership Team were sleeping in their Buckhead beds.

jetstream said:

Second!!

All in favor?!?!

jetstream said:

As I read between the lines here as well, I couldnt agree more with this statement.

jetstream said:
The biggest problem any airline based in ATL has is the pathetic labor pool that is found in Atlanta.

At least you weren't, I'm guessing, in one of the many Airtran planes waiting 1:30 to 2:00 hours for a gate because our 'quality' rampers tend to leave when the $hit hits the fan and overtime is involved. Once we finally got to a gate at 2:52am, I actually took time to go thank those that were still working and parked us (mainly because I was in no hurry because our busses work at each 45 minutes in the wee hours and just missed the 2:45). I don't fathom how an airline can expect to keep their schedule going in the wee hours of the morning, when there is no plan to keep the college parkers around! I know Delta planes weren't out there so they must at least have the ground crews to handle it. Maybe when the pay and benefits are better than Church's, Popeye's, Checkers, etc., we all can get better rampers? Oh well, thanks to that and LGA yesterday, I got 11:58 hrs pay, legal to start legal to get paid!

Latest resources

Back