• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SPDBRD747400

World's Favourite Airline
Read this on Airliners.net?

"I heard from someone I know who works for GoJet that they will start doing DL flying out of STL. GoJet is also getting new generic uniforms. Is this the sign of a Delta Focus City coming true or just due to an existing crew base in STL?"

Please say it's not so!!! Didn't DL learn when they signed on MESA...Good grief I so hope it's not true.

MESA & GOjets SUCK!

TSH bought Compass and also owns BlowJets but I doubt DAL has the ability to add 70 seat jet until 2012 when their pilots cave in on more RJs.

Cue the DAL apologists who will once again tell us that DALPA is done caving in on scope for the 1,345,376 time.

You guys crack me up....like hungry dogs fighting for scraps. Keep on dreaming mainline will give up more.

Exactly, then fighting, under-cutting and doing whatever management wants to ensure your share of scraps thrown off the mainline table.

Read this on Airliners.net?

"I heard from someone I know who works for GoJet that they will start doing DL flying out of STL. GoJet is also getting new generic uniforms. Is this the sign of a Delta Focus City coming true or just due to an existing crew base in STL?"

Please say it's not so!!! Didn't DL learn when they signed on MESA...Good grief I so hope it's not true.

MESA & GOjets SUCK!

how many lost bags and angry passengers does antlait southwestast airlines produce? and no gojets's not getting any flying, that info is from airliners.net

I've seen 20-25 years of:

- The cheapening of US labor in general
- Industrial and capital outsourcing across all US indistries
- The airlines running on ever-increasingly thin margins
- Airline labor groups giving up more and more of their compensation
- CEOs taking huge bonuses to deliver short-term shareholder gains
- Furious market/cost competition between the airlines
- etc...

None of this suggests to me that all of a sudden, in 2011-2012...with MASSIVE movement beginning due to age 65 retirements...major airline pilot groups are going to succeed in reversing this tide and restoring anything.

The absolute best you can hope for is to not lose more.

Outsourced labor is how your CEOs have delivered profits to their shareholders, kept you under their thumb and paid for their yachts...I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to give that up.

Latest resources

Back