• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to put 100 Rj's to the desert

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
100 - 23 Expressjet birds = 77 from the rest of the Delta Connection kids. Mesa proved a Contract is a Contract, even if you suck. I wouldn't want to be wholly owned by Delta or NWA right about now.

I'd say look at AWAC/RAH/Colgan to name a few. PDT has yet to furlough and PSA has only done 27. Right now AWAC has about 80 they are calling, RAH 200 and Colgan possibly more. Right now I'd say the wholly owns at USairways are sitting pretty. I'd imagine the same for DAL. Oh and before you say they have to give us a minmum hours. Yeah that's what those above companies said as well. Guess things change.

Not to mention one wholly owned, Compass, is receiving a new aircraft every few weeks and there are provisions in place in the event that it is sold. That flying seems to be the last that would be cut as it is DC-9 / Airbus replacement (unfortunately).

I'd say look at AWAC/RAH/Colgan to name a few. PDT has yet to furlough and PSA has only done 27. Right now AWAC has about 80 they are calling, RAH 200 and Colgan possibly more. Right now I'd say the wholly owns at USairways are sitting pretty. I'd imagine the same for DAL. Oh and before you say they have to give us a minmum hours. Yeah that's what those above companies said as well. Guess things change.

I agree. You have to remember companies like RAH are making millions off their codeshare while the company they are codeshing with is losing million. Boy, now that makes sense.

I think you might soon see more of a tread of more control and ownership of regionals by their mainline carrier.
Look at Delta, they would rather park Mesa airplanes and pay a fee, then to pay for the gas and have them flown.

I'd take that bet......

Temp or not, DAL has decided that Mesa and Pinnacle are done. I'd bet on it, regardless of a judge and trial.

Medeco

Pinnacle Airlines, Delta Reach Agreement

Existing Contract to Remain in Effect

updated 1 hour, 24 minutes ago

MEMPHIS, TN - Pinnacle Airlines Corp. (NASDAQ: PNCL) reported today that its Pinnacle Airlines, Inc. subsidiary will continue to fly for Delta Air Lines as a Delta Connection carrier under its existing contract, which expires in 2017. Delta previously served notice that it intended to terminate the contract, effective July 31.
"We have tremendous respect for the people at Delta," said Phil Trenary, Pinnacle Airlines Corp.'s president and chief executive officer. "Our discussions with them were amicable and we were able to resolve the issues at hand. We look forward to building on our hard-earned reputation for operating a safe, reliable and cost-effective airline to serve what will soon be the largest air carrier in the world."
Pinnacle entered into an agreement with Delta in April 2007 to operate 16 CRJ-900 aircraft as a Delta Connection carrier and began operations under the agreement in December. Pinnacle has already taken delivery of nine of the 16 CRJ-900 aircraft on order. As part of the resolution between the parties, the in-service dates of the remaining seven aircraft will be deferred until between January and May 2009. The 76-seat CRJ-900 NextGen jet has operating costs that are the lowest among comparably sized regional jets, providing for an economic, efficient aircraft in the Delta network.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Look for a good number to come from ASA. My guess I 25. I've heard 91 50's from a couple sources. Remember, 80% of less is less. People think ASA can't be downsized in ATL are flat wrong.

Hugh reductions are coming! 100 planes is a lot. Spread over 5 or 6 carriers is a lot for each, even if evenly spread.

Delta said they would shed the equivalent of 100 rj's by the end of the year through lease returns and contract changes. Anybody know what they mean by "equivalent"? This hole thing dosent sound good..... (Source was Q2 earnings call)
How many MD88/DC9's are equivalent to 100 crj's?;)

If Mesa Mgt was smart, they would start training us ERJ guys to fly the 900...But I dont see that happening

Latest resources

Back