• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to put 100 Rj's to the desert

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on now 79%, I don't think I've ever seen superpilot show happiness at others misfortune. He is one of the most diplomatic(sometimes too diplomatic) posters on FI. He worked his way up the regional ranks and knows how it works. NOBODY wants to see pilots (regional or major) lose their job. However, during times like this, it's inevitable for the unlucky ones.

Thanks, thats 100% accurate ;)

If the comment on RJ reductions was typical management speak then that number includes airframes they have already taken down or plan to take down.

Mesa (If they still think they can get out of that) = 36.

Express jet = 22

Skywest = ??? (didn't they pull some delta 50 seat RJs out for Air Midwest?)

Comair = 7+?? (I thought there were more than this due to replacements from the -900s coming on)

The "equivalent" statement is no doubt a reduction in productivity from contract carriers that they are unable to actually pull aircraft from.

Delta looks to already be close to their goal of RJ fleet reductions.

SkyWest pulled 5 airplanes from the DLC operation for Midwest. 1 of the 5 is already coming back due to the impending YX cuts. I don't know if the remaining 4 will be part of the ones that leave the YX system or not. I do think you are right about the "equivilent" part because of the cities that are losing frequecy or service. The number I heard recently was 60-70 airplanes, not 100.

I wonder if ASA's ATRs going away are "equivalent" to RJs in their minds?

Thats an interesting thought, could be.

Supposedly, SH has been in a few RGT classes saying that Delta recently asked us how much to keep the ATR's online, and ASA turned them down and said we were not interested in keeping the ATR's.

I know the ATR is a profitable plane to operate, but I can only imagine the powers that be ,decided a while back that completion factor/ontime performance were more important than keeping the ATR's?

Anybody heard him say this first hand?

Medeco

Where are those Dash-8's or Next Gen ATR's everyone expounded we were sure to get to replace the prop flying? For that matter, what about the 900's everyone was sooooo sure were coming the day after we signed the contract.

Ooops.

Speedtape, I hope you are right, and I wish I had a single reason to share your optomism. I have not heard one single rumbling about any new opportunities for ASA. Only to brace for rough skies ahead.....from management, from the Union, etc.

Heres to hoping!

Thats an interesting thought, could be.

Supposedly, SH has been in a few RGT classes saying that Delta recently asked us how much to keep the ATR's online, and ASA turned them down and said we were not interested in keeping the ATR's.

I know the ATR is a profitable plane to operate, but I can only imagine the powers that be ,decided a while back that completion factor/ontime performance were more important than keeping the ATR's?

Anybody heard him say this first hand?

Medeco

I didn't hear it first hand, but my roommate heard something to that effect from SH in RGT. SH apparently said Delta was interested in a 5 year contract with ASA for new ATR or Q400 flying, but ASA rejected it for not being long enough; something about 15 year aircraft leases and 5 year service contracts not adding up.

Current issue of Air Transport World has an article about SKYW ordering more 700s, mostly for the UAL side I think, and a 5-6 900s. It mentioned the 900s would be for ASA.

From a friend who was in a recent RGT class:

PS From GND school and S. Hall.

No RJ have been totaled yet. The Cunucks are down there trying to decide what to do. Bad time to be at Pinnacle, Mesa, Compass and others. Delta happy with us. Trying to get INT flying back, must have 1st class seating. Electronic flight bag still in the works, initial cost holding it back ($300k) I think. Delta is trying like mad to get the merger complete before the next president arrives, so the 1st class seats and the flight bag are both on hold. Hiring freeze until 2nd Quart of next year, "coma" lines coming (month off) must pay insurance, this to keep from furlowing any ASA pilots. Last ATR flight Dec. 3rd.

Hoser
Roll tide!

Where are those Dash-8's or Next Gen ATR's everyone expounded we were sure to get to replace the prop flying? For that matter, what about the 900's everyone was sooooo sure were coming the day after we signed the contract.

Ooops.

Speedtape, I hope you are right, and I wish I had a single reason to share your optomism. I have not heard one single rumbling about any new opportunities for ASA. Only to brace for rough skies ahead.....from management, from the Union, etc.

Heres to hoping!

79%,

I'd take Speedtapes optimism any day over your pessimism. You are the most depressing poster I've ever read man! Whether or not Speedtape correct in his postings, at least he seems to have a good attitude. And that means a lot especially when times are tough like now. So you can either be a negative downer all the time and keep predicting doom and gloom (which isn't happening as of now) or try to find it in your cold dark soul to chill out and look for the brighter side of things. Either way you have no control over the situation or a crystal ball to predict the demise of ASA for that matter.

I just bought a new house and a BMW! I'll be hiring soon, for a PIC on the new riding lawnmower. How's that for optimism?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back