• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA impact on Delta Connection...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YOU are so clueless, listen to these other arguments and open your mind, YOU better have a plan cause I see furloughs and more cost cutting measures at XJT

Gotta agree with 777 here. That's just an asinine statement. While I do share some of your apperhension with the new TA(assuming it passes....which it will) and how it will basically gut DCI, I don't think that the business plan for SkyW now is to go into BK. Of all the DCI carriers out there, I think they have the best shot of getting through this upcoming mess.

Assuming the 717's and MD90's make it to DL, along with the return of retirees in 2013, hopefully there will be a lot of hiring at DL. I know there will be a net loss of jobs at DCI, but hopefully that will be canceled out by jobs at Delta and the other majors that may be hiring soon. Let's face it. The 50's are money losers and there are probably to many RJ's out there anyways. Hopefully this creates higher paying jobs and balances out the Delta fleet to a more profitable balance for everyone.

This is what I found after a real quick glance. I didn't find the list of expiration dates for the aircraft leases.

F. Partial Termination. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, effective at any time after the seventh (7th) anniversary of the Effective Date, Delta shall have the right to remove from the scope of this Agreement each Aircraft effective upon the date that the lease, mortgage or other financing arrangement with respect to such Aircraft in effect as of the Effective Date expires by providing ASA with at least twelve (12) months’ prior written notice.
This is exactly what we're looking for, thanks for looking that up. I believe the ASA was signed in the summer of 2005, so that means right about now they can start providing that 12 month notice. Right on schedule.

Now if you or anyone else can come up with a comprehensive list of lease expiration dates on each regional's aircraft, we'll know exactly who will lose what when, with the balance to be made up by Pinnacle through the bankruptcy process.

May interject a clarification re: RJs as money losers?

Delta does not lose money by operating RJs of any size. The way it was explained to me by a company beancounter, DL doesn't make AS MUCH as they would if the resources ($) allocated to RJs were allocated elsewhere.

RJs do not lose money for Delta.

Don't forget that ASA parked/transferred/reallocated to other ops from the Delta flying, 2 50 seaters for every 900 received from Mama D. I would suggest that this will happen again, however Skywest/ExpressJet will have to work that much harder to keep these "abandoned" 50 seaters flying on this next round of consolidation.

I think the odds of furloughs are pretty slim. Incorporated has a good idea as to what our next move is going to be. We're pretty much turn key for another partner, such as USAirways and American, so at a worst case scenario, I just see us shuffling away from DCI. Even this is a stretch, in my view. Honestly, I think it is much ado about nothing- we're going to get rid of some old, worn out, cranky 200's and exchange them for more reliable, customer friendly (and crew liked) CRJ900 Next Gens. I feel much better at ExpressJet than I would at another carrier.

Pinnicle may have money for DIP financing from DAL, but the interest rate is brutal. I think DAL just sees a quick way to make a buck off the backs of PNCL. I hate to say it, and I feel bad for the PNCL folks, but I don't see them emerging from the mess they are in. Best of luck to them and I hope nobody comes out jobless, but it isn't looking good.

I think the odds of furloughs are pretty slim. Incorporated has a good idea as to what our next move is going to be. We're pretty much turn key for another partner, such as USAirways and American, so at a worst case scenario, I just see us shuffling away from DCI. Even this is a stretch, in my view. Honestly, I think it is much ado about nothing- we're going to get rid of some old, worn out, cranky 200's and exchange them for more reliable, customer friendly (and crew liked) CRJ900 Next Gens. I feel much better at ExpressJet than I would at another carrier.

Pinnicle may have money for DIP financing from DAL, but the interest rate is brutal. I think DAL just sees a quick way to make a buck off the backs of PNCL. I hate to say it, and I feel bad for the PNCL folks, but I don't see them emerging from the mess they are in. Best of luck to them and I hope nobody comes out jobless, but it isn't looking good.

Yeah those 200 are worn out. For me personally, Going from the 900 back to the 200 is like staying a week at the Hilton YYZ long overnight, then going to stay at the Lodge MLI for a month.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

More like Dennis Leary Singing "A$$hole" then realizing really it's Adam Sandler singing your life story "Piece of $hit car" Either way you look at it you are worthless.

The only potential upside to expressjets position is skywest inc's ability to self finance alot of the potential 900 leases or purchases. Delta will be forking out a ton of capital on 717s and 737s in the near term, I doubt they want to front any more money to an RJ operator. Skywest/ expressjet also get a higher payout per block hour when they hold the tail risk, according to Brad Rich on the last earnings call..

The 737-900ERs were probably a great deal via Boeing thanks to the delays in the 787. I also hear that Southwest might be paying Delta $150,000 per year, per plane, as the 717s come over. Some people say $150K per month, but I doubt the leases are that high. Delta is probably getting a screaming deal on both planes. Southwest really doesn't want those planes, and might be willing to pay part of the yearly leases until 2017 to give them up.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back