Delta/Skywest cuts in SLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You only need to compare denver.

Its servered by several international carriers.
It is higher in elevation.
Mirrors or exceeds SLC in temp.
My great circle math is not so good but the difference between LA and SLC to the Pac rim would be small.
Yes the intermountain west is the fastest growing portion of the country.

You have valid points. Just dont think many of them are as large as you make them.

Not to hijack the thread, but what's the sticking point in seniority list integration negotiations between DL and NW pilot groups; anyone heard?

NW pilots want DOH because of their older pilot group. Delta wants it to be based off of the size of aircraft each company has since DL has more widebodies. I hope they can either come up with some sort of fair agreement soon or just kill this thing.

costs

It's all about operating costs... I'm sure pinchanickel will try to whore themselves out for SLC. It was already offered by Delta last year but they bargained for Hotlanta

Personally think that the world will freeze over soon, what with winter and all, and this will be no nevermind. Thanks... I'll be here all week!

The altitude at SLC is only 4,227ft---enough said for international considerations.

Fastest growing part of the nation????????? not sure about that one!

it doesn't get too hot. last summer it was 100 degrees for a few weeks@ 4,227ft msl.

Scarcity of suitable airports Not good for international flights that are usually weight and fuel sensitive.

However, it is a great area and airport otherwise.

So, you are saying that DEN has a better suitable alternate airport situation than SLC does for Int'l flights? Also, DEN is a 1,000 feet higher in elevation. Whatever DEN makes up for in weather (temps) versus SLC, it loses in the elevation department.

Over 40 million people live in California. Nevada has been the fastest growing state in the nation for almost 30 years straight now. Las Vegas' growth rate is finally starting to slow, but is still considered one of the fastest growing Metropolitan areas. Along with Reno, Boise and Salt Lake City. St. George is the fastest growing city in the nation. All-in-all, I would say, yes, the Intermountain West is collectively the fastest growing region in the US.

So, you are saying that DEN has a better suitable alternate airport situation than SLC does for Int'l flights? Also, DEN is a 1,000 feet higher in elevation. Whatever DEN makes up for in weather (temps) versus SLC, it loses in the elevation department.

Over 40 million people live in California. Nevada has been the fastest growing state in the nation for almost 30 years straight now. Las Vegas' growth rate is finally starting to slow, but is still considered one of the fastest growing Metropolitan areas. Along with Reno, Boise and Salt Lake City. St. George is the fastest growing city in the nation. All-in-all, I would say, yes, the Intermountain West is collectively the fastest growing region in the US.

My post was not promoting DEN. I hope SLC is in the post-merger big picture. However, LAX may be the chosen one.

My post was not promoting DEN. I hope SLC is in the post-merger big picture. However, LAX may be the chosen one.

Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like I was arguing. Who knows what the future holds, but I believe SLC will be a hub for a long time to come.

Latest resources

Back