• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta reduction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Totally sarcastic......Germany is what is right about national healthcare.

Germany is pretty much what is right about government and culture in general. Having spent a lot of time there over the past 25 years I can honestly say there is no better place to live, or economy to live in.

Cracks me up when some Americans try to make all of Europe out to be like Portugal, Greece or Ireland.... those are the exceptions, the Rule is Germany, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Belgium, Finland, Denmark, Luxemburg, and even France is on a better footing that we are. Heck, if you took southern Italy out of Italy, you could even add it to the list of fundamentally strong economies.

PM from Bill Lundberg

Tough guy?
Hey tough guy....

Throttle back with the face-to-face talk. You are all about huffing and puffing behind a keyboard, so cut the BS and hike up your skirt Nancy.

Bill,

You're insulting, ignorant and have a brain defect. No need to PM me, unless you want to talk about it in person.

Last edited:
Caveman proving how cool he is.....

Dissing a PM like nobody's business! Setting up backyard brawls like some schoolgirl....talk in person? Sorry pal, you are too much of a tough hombre for me.....

No Bill, I don't want a brawl. I want to see if you will insult me to my face the way you insult people on this board with your big mouth. But you don't do it to people's face because you are an insecure chickensh!t. I'd love to meet you in the crew lounge just to see who you are, although I doubt you are really one of us.

Like I said......he's a tough Hombre!

Got nothin else but to now question where I work?

Flew Delta people around while you were still at Riddle.....so slow your roll.

Tough guy?
Hey tough guy....

Throttle back with the face-to-face talk. You are all about huffing and puffing behind a keyboard, so cut the BS and hike up your skirt Nancy.

Bill,

You're insulting, ignorant and have a brain defect. No need to PM me, unless you want to talk about it in person.

Wow, really?

So pilot hiring is worse under Obama that it was under GWII? There were more pilot jobs at real airlines between 2008-now then 2001-2008... that's the fact jack.

"the peak of U.S. airline pilot employment was in 2005, with 76,078 pilots. The numbers are down slightly since then, with 74,552 pilots working in 2010. There has been a gradual shift from major airlines to regional."

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com...dustry-passenger-traffic-pilots#ixzz2B4baWYZ6

Between the years of 2009-2010 regionals added 4.9% to their ranks...majors lost 1.3%. How is it that P BO provided more jobs at majors again?

"the peak of U.S. airline pilot employment was in 2005, with 76,078 pilots. The numbers are down slightly since then, with 74,552 pilots working in 2010. There has been a gradual shift from major airlines to regional."

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com...dustry-passenger-traffic-pilots#ixzz2B4baWYZ6

Between the years of 2009-2010 regionals added 4.9% to their ranks...majors lost 1.3%. How is it that P BO provided more jobs at majors again?

way to parse the numbers to suit your favor...

look at the number of furloughs between GW's terms (American 2000+, UAL 2000+, etc..)... the number of failed airlines (ATA, Aloha, Midwest, Skybus but to name 4 that come to mind)..

Under BO we've had hiring at US Air, Fedex, DAL, Alaska, HAL, CAL, Southwest..

Facts are the Facts. I'm not spinning them in any direction, and I'm surprise how sensitive you are about them. I would have loved to have seen more hiring by the likes of all the airlines you mentioned, but just because the airlines you stated did some hiring, does not mean that the job market has been better under this administration. The hiring argument is a function of the costs of doing business, oil prices, and the overall economy. If those things are going in the direction we need them to, you will see quantitative hiring. These are the real numbers that matter. Strong economy means people spend more, people spend more, demand goes up, demand goes up, need for pilots goes up, need for pilots goes up, hiring goes up, hiring goes up, well you get the point....

Latest resources

Back