• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think most on that list are long gone. I know a couple and they aren't coming back. I heard that once hiring kicks in they will be facing their final decision.

Online intel indicates 300 are still on bypass. I'm just wondering what the current policy is for those 300. Do they in-fact give up recall rights at the next offer?

There are 203 on bypass as of the last senority list. You can bypass for 10 years. I'm guessing at least the top half of the list can keep bypassing until 2015/2016. Delta gives people over 10 years one more chance to go back between 10 and 14 years. You have to either go back when they offer you a class date or quit. The bottom half to bottom third of the list are in this category, myself included. I'm planning on going back.

Yep that's pretty much how it's gonna go down. I'm in the same boat, but can't even think about going back. If it was the good ole Delta then maybe, but the new Delta? No thanks. It'll suck getting fired from an Airline that once was a dream to be employed by. Sad day indeed. Oh well.....good luck to all the bypass guys.

Net

There are over 1000 pilots that are on furlough bypass, military leave, and short and long term sick leave. Some of the furlough bypass guys won't ever come back, as well as the some of the sick leave guys.

There are over 1000 pilots that are on furlough bypass, military leave, and short and long term sick leave. Some of the furlough bypass guys won't ever come back, as well as the some of the sick leave guys.

did all those pilots get stapled. They brought no job to the merger. How can that be possible placing someone that is not currently working in front of working pilots. That is just wrong.

M

did all those pilots get stapled. They brought no job to the merger. How can that be possible placing someone that is not currently working in front of working pilots. That is just wrong.

M

The one good thing the union does....

While the union can't save you from furlough, you CAN go back and you DO keep your number....

I got no prob with that!

But you're saying anyone furloughed should start back at zero???

Geez!

I'm in the bypass group, contemplating returning but reviewing the benefits/cost of doing it. Currently have good benefits, retirement, security and home every night. But, the view from the cubicle never changes and airplanes don't ask for 13 pages of PowerPoint every time a decision is required.

Latest resources

Back