• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA's is a staggering number for 1 qtr

Hoping it all equates to some stability

Sorry GL: Not as good as American/Airways... 1.5B

Not to dump on this great AA profit report...but they are taking writeoffs on retirement airplanes, receiving airplanes with deferred 4 year payments on leases (bankruptcy insisted) and all they have done is painted a few airplanes, broke ground on an OPS center and haven't done much else of substance to merge the two (maybe three) airlines.

IMHO Once the merge takes hold they will not show as huge a profit until its completed and they will make good cash afterwards. UAL is an example of the pitfalls of the middle of a merger.

Sorry GL: Not as good as American/Airways... 1.5B

How's your profit sharing check going to be? I bet not as good as the DL pilots....(didn't you give it up?)

Bye Bye---General Lee

How's your profit sharing check going to be? I bet not as good as the DL pilots....(didn't you give it up?)

Bye Bye---General Lee

General Lee,

In case anyone hasn't told you lately, you are awsome. You probably make more money than anyone on this board. Way to go. We are all so happy for you.

SW

General Lee,

In case anyone hasn't told you lately, you are awsome. You probably make more money than anyone on this board. Way to go. We are all so happy for you.

SW

You might be right, especially with the extra money from the profit sharing. Thanks for noticing. Good aye!

Bye Bye---General Lee

You might be right, especially with the extra money from the profit sharing. Thanks for noticing. Good aye!

Bye Bye---General Lee

No prob General, I'm glad you can validate your ego by talking about how much money you make on an internet message board. Good day sir.

No prob General, I'm glad you can validate your ego by talking about how much money you make on an internet message board. Good day sir.

Lotsa money to be made flying a desk like Genital....

How on earth was profit sharing given up in this environment???

I'm just learning about this- anyone giving up profit sharing anytime since the delta/now merger has got to be dumber than a rock...
I get the Easties, but really? APA??

How on earth was profit sharing given up in this environment???

I'm just learning about this- anyone giving up profit sharing anytime since the delta/now merger has got to be dumber than a rock...
I get the Easties, but really? APA??

Wave, even the DL pilots gave up partial profit sharing. It used to be 15% of the amount placed into the total employee profit sharing amount. Then the union agreed (and pilots voted for) a deal to increase pay but decrease the amount of profit sharing. Now, the pilots get 10% of the pie up to $2.5 billion, and then 20% of the pie for the amount OVER $2.5 billion. The problem is management actually pays for the increase in normal pay rates with the given up profit sharing, costing them little extra. When companies make Billions in profits, there shouldn't be give backs by pilots, which has happened to the AA/ US pilots, in a larger amount.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I guess it's all negotiation and reading the tea leaves: guaranteed money vs the uncertainty of profit sharing...
Consolidation though... The environment changed.
That said, many a pilot group, SWA included has been burned by putting too much faith in profit sharing.

Latest resources

Back