• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Q

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They have put all of the major base moves on hold. With the new data they are seeing and a few other important factors, they are deciding to sharp shoot the movement than to just do it all at once.
There will be big jets moved, but it will take time.

No amount of whining I do, nor anything you can expound on this forum is going to convince 2000/2001 NWA hires that they didn't get worked over on the arbitration.
Huh? My friends say the huge pay increase and restoration of longevity are appreciated. They are looking forward to bidding larger equipment in what they consider to be better bases this spring. They are happy.

Last edited:
Acl,

Can you elaborate? Specifically on the new data and other important factors? Thanks

They have put all of the major base moves on hold. With the new data they are seeing and a few other important factors, they are deciding to sharp shoot the movement than to just do it all at once.
There will be big jets moved, but it will take time.

I'd debate you with quotes from your own pilots on this board, but as RedRum has pointed out NOTHING would help you appreciate the position you find yourself in.

Being forever frustrated about something you can't change will not do you any favors. Might as well look at the good side, as most of your pilots have.

I'd debate you with quotes from your own pilots on this board, but as RedRum has pointed out NOTHING would help you appreciate the position you find yourself in.

Being forever frustrated about something you can't change will not do you any favors. Might as well look at the good side, as most of your pilots have.

The good of the situation is Redrum had his longevity adjusted to include his furloughed time. Time to let the seniority issue go. It's done. Bitching does nothing other than pissing off your colleagues.

Acl,

Can you elaborate? Specifically on the new data and other important factors? Thanks
Yes Sir;

From what I was told last month, the notion of having a lot of categories move bases (330 to ATL, ER to SEA etc) are on hold. That is not to say that they are not going to happen, just that they are doing going to be done right off the bat.
Also, instead of surplussing and AEing in the same bid they may just but out lets say an AE for the 330, or 9 in ATL and see who bid is. After the bid closes, they will put out a surplus to bring down the category where the aircraft is moving from. It is a way to cut down on training costs etc. It was just an idea that was floated around, but it makes sense. This way people are not getting bumped out of seats bid after bid.

Now that DAL has had the chance to watch the NWA system first hand some of their initial thoughts and ideas have changed. Initially they wanted DTW to be a RJ base with larger jets doing the major population centers. Now they see DTW having the resiliency that you guys have touted. They do not see moving large mainline aircraft like they initially did. That does not mean they will not change the type of aircraft, it just means that mainline will have a bigger presence than they initially planned.

As for the 7ER in SEA. They are looking at it, but in reality it would be a lot cheaper for them to have the NRT flying flow out of an existing ER base like LAX and eventually SLC. It is possible, but we would need some way to get the crews to NRT that did not involve Deadheading. This type of stuff will be made clearer as we move past SOC.

The only thing that they really want to do is move the 320 to SLC and the 90 to MSP. That allows both aircraft to hit the coasts from their respective bases. It also will free up some 73N's and 757's out of SLC to do other things.

IMO you will see base and aircraft moves coming down the pike. They will be big, but you are not going to see a "Big Bang" like we all initially feared. Now of course you definition and mine are different. It also depends on where you sit on the list. A big bang to the top guys is getting knocked down a number or two, and to a junior guy it is getting bumped from base to base.

The good of the situation is Redrum had his longevity adjusted to include his furloughed time. Time to let the seniority issue go. It's done. Bitching does nothing other than pissing off your colleagues.

I think that one thing most DAL guys need to get are real quick, is we forget and move on, our new brothers and sisters never forget. It is going to be a different DAL. That is good. I look forward to C2012 with some different thinkers on board.

As we move past this economic storm, we will grow and prosper, that will be the best medicine to heal any wounds that were caused. Fact is that this award was arbitrated. I am sure I will lose a seat or to as the bids start coming, but it is what it is, and hey I have had a year to prepare for it. If it comes as a shock to me, I can only blame myself.

Pay vs. Vac./Sick Longevity

"Being forever frustrated about something you can't change will not do you any favors. Might as well look at the good side, as most of your pilots have".

"The good of the situation is Redrum had his longevity adjusted to include his furloughed time. Time to let the seniority issue go. It's done. Bitching does nothing other than pissing off your colleagues".

While the longevity parity is appreciated, it is for pay only. Vacation and sick time accrual remains at the previous NWA longevity (2 years vs. 8 years for the longest term previously furloughed pilots).

Latest resources

Back