Delta profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep...down 82 cents so far today.

A quick glance around the market shows nearly all of the Airline stocks taking losses today (some big) on Delta missing earnings. American announces their earnings tomorrow, and hopefully beats estimates.

AMR -3.68%
SKYW -3.57%
RJET -4.77%
UAL -.83%
LUV -.76%
ALK -2.50%
JBLU -3.2%

Depends on how you look at it I guess. Sucks if you own airline stocks currently, or this may be a good opportunity to get in on some discounted stock.

Last edited:
A quick glance around the market shows nearly all of the Airline stocks taking losses today (some big) on Delta missing earnings. American announces their earnings tomorrow, and hopefully beats estimates.

AMR -3.68%
SKYW -3.57%
RJET -4.77%
UAL -.83%
LUV -.76%
ALK -2.50%
JBLU -3.2%

Depends on how you look at it I guess. Sucks if you own airline stocks currently, or this may be a good opportunity to get in on some discounted stock.

Doesn't help with all the talk of $100 oil. Even DAL said next years fuel bill will likely be significantly higher....

Doesn't help with all the talk of $100 oil. Even DAL said next years fuel bill will likely be significantly higher....

I'm also wondering how bad these winter snow storms hurt Delta this past quarter too. ATL got killed a few times and took days to recover.

Just looked at website that is correct. 3 or more bags are 50 each. I also say a 10 buck to be first onboard fee.

Delta actually has a better hedging position than Southwest does right now for 2011, with 40% hedged, and 40% of that at low $80s. Delta also won NON union votes for every other work group other than the pilots, so that saves some money for.........another group.....

Southwest, OTH, has to pay to merge with AT, and then pay all of their employees higher, SWA wages. (which is great for all of us). And, they don't have any bag fees, YET.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm also wondering how bad these winter snow storms hurt Delta this past quarter too. ATL got killed a few times and took days to recover.

I think I read DL took a $45 million hit from the storms. Luckily DL has a few different hubs nearby (MEM, CVG) that could take some of the traffic away from ATL, but obviously not every connection. Another positive thing I can think of is middle January usually isn't the busiest time for airtravel, and think of all the gas we didn't have to buy at high prices for those flights! WOW, I am thinking WAY POSITIVE RIGHT NOW.......oh well, I will get a great profit sharing check, though.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back