• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta pilots fly thru thunderstorm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IPAD provides a good "big picture" look at the weather, enabling you to select the best route for completely avoiding thunderstorms. It's not as good as on-board radar if you must perform short-range navigation around individual cells, because of the time delay inherent in any datalink presentation from remote radar sites.

http://airfactsjournal.com/2012/06/is-the-ntsb-stupid-or-do-they-just-not-pay-attention/

Accurate statement. We're approved to use Wi-Fi/Weather App and it's a good tool but inside 100NM the radar is better for scanning and getting an idea of tops.

WiFi + Radar is an excellent combo.

Do some research on what happens in China if you declare an emergency. Indefinite detention during the ensuing gov't investigation are a popular prize.

So if you have an engine fire and land in China you get put in detention? I find that hard to believe.

So if you have an engine fire and land in China you get put in detention? I find that hard to believe.

No no...you don't know how it is over there!! (sarcasm)

Just what I want....to be aboard a plane where the pilots believe it's either penetrate a storm or go to jail.

By that statement my impression is that the only international flying you have done is Toronto and Cancun.

The China statement is an absolute possibility if you do not have a valid Chinese Visa.

A hail encounter from 17 years ago?

I take it that AirTran Pilot must be still shaggin' your ol' lady, 400Ahole?

:laugh:
He is his old lady!
And whoever shagged his ass did it out of love, I'm sure!:blush:

Latest resources

Back