Delta Pilot Deal Allows Huge Increase In 70-Seat Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surplus,

You are amazing...you sit there and write and entire thesis that shows how sucked in you are to the the RJDC conspiracy bull crap, and then you say..."I'm not blaming you for that in any way...etc" Give me a break..the reason why DAL pilots dislike CMR so much is because of the RJDC. What do DAL pilots have to gain by opening the door to cheaper labor and purposefully giving flying to outside carriers...think about that. That is not what they want.

Your pesimism is ridiculous. We must all remember here that DAL is going to grow too. This 25% clause, regardless of what the RJDC says, gives protection to ASA/CMR during the growth. In no way does it limit or hinder ASA/CMR. The RJDC is after ALPA and there money and they would say anything to discredit them. I have read their letter or memo or whatever you want to call it and it is full of negative jargin toward ALPA, not DAL. The aim is at ALPA...THEY HATE ALPA. And to anyone with half a brain, it is obvious that it is a ploy to get CMR and ASA fired up at ALPA for this by spinning it into something it is not.

Even if ASA/CMR is already at 25%, with the new growth DAL is planning, we must grow as well in order to maintain 25%. This was the main intention of the clause...to help protect against outsourcing.

Don't buy into the RJDC crap. If the vice president of the USA died tomorrow from a heart attack, the RJDC would blame it on ALPA...that letter was a spin against ALPA.

Surplus1 or anyone else that wants to look it up. How many block hours have ASA and Comair flown year to date? Not RPM's, block hours. If you can post that then I can tell you if this is a gain or loss for you with this new TA. Additionally, I have found it interesting that the people that protest the most about this TA and have proven to know the least about it have not been the one's sending me their e-mail to receive a copy. I guess you would rather just believe what the RJDC puts out and not read it for yourself.

And in other news the latest RJDC post is out......you'll never guess who shot JFK!?

Hey, some news for you!

It doesn't matter what your TA says, because all Delta would have to do is sell one of us to change what we can fly. Or, buy another so called "regional," and give them all the growth. We do NOT have any scope, if it's in someone else's agreement. You can change it at any time, if you and the parent company want to. We still have no scope, and continue to have a good case against our union.

If the current percentage of DAL flying done by ASA and CMR is less than 25%, then the new contract was being violated as soon as it was signed. Do you think both parties signed an agreement that was already being violated? Of course not - we are already above 25% of DAL flying. Maybe the ASA and CMR MEC's should have ALPA Econ. and Fin. tell them what percentage ASA and CMR are at since I'm sure they already have the numbers.

By the way, who files a grievance if this part of the agreement is violated? Which MEC or MEC's will track this?

InclusiveScope said:
If the current percentage of DAL flying done by ASA and CMR is less than 25%, then the new contract was being violated as soon as it was signed. Do you think both parties signed an agreement that was already being violated? Of course not - we are already above 25% of DAL flying.
Inclusive,

I would like to say that you have put a lot of thought into this, and on behalf of myself and everyone else on this message board, I say thank you....BUT YOUR WRONG. I am not saying that we aren't already flying at or above 25%, but not doing so as of the pass date of the TA would not be in violation of the contract due to its language. I just so happen to have a copy of the contract, courtesy of 737FO and the way it reads says that the planned percentages are on a yearly basis and apply to years where the pre-tax margin is greater than 0. The planned percentage charts in the TA (which is what the block hours will be based off of) use 2005 as a starting point for the pre-tax margin in determining the block hours for 2006...in other words, the way I read it, the planned percentages (ie. 50 mainline / 25% ASA,CMR) will essentially take effect for the calender year of 2006, so DAL must fly 50% of the block hours flown in 2006 and ASA/CMR must fly 25% combined so long as they are affiliates (which is defined as being wholey owned). Granted, the 81 page TA would be easier to understand if I had the original contract, which I do not, and I am not ruling out the notion that i could be misinterpreting it on this point, but I fairly certain that this is what it is saying.

O.K. I'm done. You believe what you want to believe and now I am going to believe what is obviously the unanimous opinion of the regional pilots. It is you vs. us. Good freaking luck. I'm done.

surplus1 said:
...why don't you prove that my thoughts are all BS by publishing the actual numbers?...

What are your current "system" block hours? What are the current block hours flown by ASA and CMR combined? What percentage of the total does ASA/CMR flying currently represent, is it more than 25% or less than 25%? What's the "difference" (increase or decrease) resulting from the new "miracle" number...

Like I said above, show me the real numbers, I'm not interested in the spin. If I'm wrong, I'll stand corrected...

Surplus,

Since you spoke first, I think it's only fair that YOU provide the proof to back up your previous statement that ALPA is screwing us.

You can't make a unfounded charge, have someone attempt to defend themselves, then turn around and ask THEM to prove they're innocent. The burden of proof lies with the accuser, which you are.

Here was your statement:
surplus1 said:
If I'm not mistaken ASA and CMR combined currently do more than 25% of DCI flying. Therefore, ALPA has agreed that a percentage of ASA & CMR flying is "up for grabs" by those DCI carriers that are NOT subsidiaries of Delta.

Do the math and you may discover that the difference between the percentage of DCI flying currently done by ASA/CMR and the new 25% minimum is approximately equal to the 70-seat flying that ASA/CMR (combined) currently have.

ALPA has just laid the ground work for ASA and CMR's present 70-seaters to be transferred to CHQ, SKYW or a "new" DCI carrier. In other words ALPA is supporting the outsourcing of flying done by ALPA members to carriers that are NOT members of ALPA.

With "friends" like this who needs enemies?

Let's see YOU do the math and provide us with the block hour figures.

Regards,
If4f, moderator

Last edited:
Am I guessing or does it sound like nobody knows what the block hours really are?

Latest resources

Back