• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta parking 10 75s. 717 delivery "fluid"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope, not Former AWA, but I know a bunch. I still think the Nic will be implemented, because that is the fair thing to do, since everyone agreed to the process beforehand. We'll see.....

Happy 4th to you too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

In the last round of litigation Judge Silver discussed how a three way integration was federally mandated by the CAB.

Retirements are mandatory. Replacements are not.

So are minimum mainline fleet requirements in the contract. There are also ratios for DCI vs mainline flying.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I believe AT can still fly the 717 after Jan 2015. Many of us were awarded SWA 717.

SWA loves the bag fees!

There will be alot of 717s still flying, because of $ on SWA side into the fall of '15. Delta is not going to take 3 aircraft every single month. Just watch!

The captain seat thing=Its only 17 months away and Airtran guys can reupgrade and keep the jr. captains jr. for a very long time. FIX RESERVE! Long call? Better call out periods?

I believe AT can still fly the 717 after Jan 2015. Many of us were awarded SWA 717.

SWA loves the bag fees!

There will be alot of 717s still flying, because of $ on SWA side into the fall of '15. Delta is not going to take 3 aircraft every single month. Just watch!

The captain seat thing=Its only 17 months away and Airtran guys can reupgrade and keep the jr. captains jr. for a very long time. FIX RESERVE! Long call? Better call out periods?

That's not what we are hearing. Overall, very close to on schedule. There could be a month or two with 2 coming, followed by one with 4 coming to the fleet. The deal is the 70 new 76 seaters (replacing 215 outgoing 50 seaters) are tied to the arrival of each 717. They don't want big delays.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Proud to say I voted no on that POS contract..too bad the majority did not.

But it parked a bunch of 50 seaters....that were going to be parked anyways!! Whats not to vote for? It totally reeled in scope. You know, the kind that prevents regionals from getting bigger airplanes. Oh wait.

SWA loves the bag fees!

Untrue, Jan 1 2015 AT ceases to exist. All flying will be accomplished by pilots on the SWA side. Now, how SWA manages that train wreck is TBD, and doable, even though it willpiss off even more pilots, but there will be no revenue AT service after Dec 31st 2014.

Latest resources

Back