• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta NYC MD-88 or 767

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
See my above post. Held a line in two months on the NYC ER. Seventeen days off too. Needless to say, I'm ecstatic!

You probably have a lot of 2 man crew flights to SNN and MAN, but that's all good too. I love Ireland and England any time of the year.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You probably have a lot of 2 man crew flights to SNN and MAN, but that's all good too. I love Ireland and England any time of the year.

Bye Bye--General Lee

No way dude. Six day Paris (thru CVG, looking forward to the Millenium. My last airline got kicked out), four day Sao Paulo (at least it's cheap down there), and a three day Madrid. Six days off separating each rotation too. Now, you can go look through the line awards and you can find out who I am ;).

I have yet to go to a country where I speak the native language. Kinda looking forward to that as well. At least before I get back to ATL domestic.

For the 88 line holders, I've heard that the days you work and the days you are off might not be in blocks?

Meaning, might work two off one, work three off two, etc... vs working four or five then having three to four off making commuting a real chore. Is that correct?

Yes and no... It depends on how you bid. My first month I was a line holder, and had a schedule that was like you refer to.

However, I was then told about a handy PBS feature called Pattern Bid. You can use that to avoid a choppy schedule and get for instance 3-4 days on followed by 3-4 days off. You just have to be careful you don't ask for too much. It is always the first thing in your bid, and will blow out all your other requests to follow whatever pattern you tell it to. Get greedy and I'm told you'll get hosed.

Which to choose as new hire, if looking to commute to NYC from DTW and want to get as many days at home as soon as possible?

The ER may take a month or two longer for a line, but the trips are almost all commutable on both ends. The ER trips leave in the afternoon to evening and return early to late afternoon.

I'm still twitching over whether or not i should have bid up to NYC for the ER this round. I would be bidding around 70% up there as a Feb 07 newbie.

I'll be borderline lineholder in my current place on the ATL767 at around 85%.

I did the MD-88 shuttle for a couple months out of NYC- commuting out of DTW no less. It wasn't half bad. There isn't much competition for the jumpseat. The only pain is the last flight out of LGA to DTW is around 1930... about the same for JFK. Plus, JFK is a Comair flight and thus super unreliable like most of the DCI operation.

Regardless, the NYC MD-88 is a great experience. I learned so much about the DL operation so quickly....even with only 115 hours in the airplane before I got pulled to go fly my dream birds. :)

I'm still twitching over whether or not i should have bid up to NYC for the ER this round. I would be bidding around 70% up there as a Feb 07 newbie.

I'll be borderline lineholder in my current place on the ATL767 at around 85%.

I did the MD-88 shuttle for a couple months out of NYC- commuting out of DTW no less. It wasn't half bad. There isn't much competition for the jumpseat. The only pain is the last flight out of LGA to DTW is around 1930... about the same for JFK. Plus, JFK is a Comair flight and thus super unreliable like most of the DCI operation.

Regardless, the NYC MD-88 is a great experience. I learned so much about the DL operation so quickly....even with only 115 hours in the airplane before I got pulled to go fly my dream birds. :)

Did you mostly just take NWA to LGA with a couple of back-ups. Did it work well or was it a little stressfull. Thanks!

Also do any of you guys see, with the change of the seasons, bottom line holders on the 76 out of NYC having lines then loosing them due to senior guys taking res. for certain reasons or reduced scheds?

Also do any of you guys see, with the change of the seasons, bottom line holders on the 76 out of NYC having lines then loosing them due to senior guys taking res. for certain reasons or reduced scheds?

That happens at any airline on any equipment, doesn't it?

Latest resources

Back